Babies on the Brain

What detergent do you guys use on baby clothes?

I keep getting All free and clear for a dollar of free with my coupons.  I usually let my mom or sister buy it from me, but if this can be used on baby clothes instead of Dreft, I will start keeping it.  (We usually use Gain.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What detergent do you guys use on baby clothes?

• I just used regular detergent (and dryer sheets, and fabric softener!). Jack has eczema and has never been bothered by it.
  • We did All Free & Clear for a few months.  His skin never seemed bothered by our blankets or clothes, so we started using the same detergent we use on our clothes - Kirkland Environmentally Friendly detergent (Costco brand).  I can tell you, it is a million times easier to just wash all our clothes together.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought one big bottle of dreft on sale at bru. It's about half empty so far and only that empty because I spilled some. It will probably last the rest of this year at least. After that I will wash with whatever we are using.
  • Well I don't mind using All Free and Clear on our clothes either.  So I guess I should start holding onto it.  Then I can just use gain on dh's work clothes that get really really dirty (and I probably wouldn't want to wash with baby clothes anyways.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use All Free & clear. Her skin has not had any sensitivity issues so if we are out I will occasionally use regular All on her clothes. No problems with that either, but I still buy the F&C for her stuff.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • at the beginning we used dreft, then swapped to all F&C
  • imagetri047:
    We did All Free & Clear for a few months.  His skin never seemed bothered by our blankets or clothes, so we started using the same detergent we use on our clothes - Kirkland Environmentally Friendly detergent (Costco brand).  I can tell you, it is a million times easier to just wash all our clothes together.

Pretty much this. I've never used dreft and we've always done everything together.

• I obviously don't have a baby yet to know how detergent reacts to their skin, but we always buy whatever detergent,free and clear type, that's on sale. We started doing that so we can just wash all the clothes together.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I use Tide free & gentle, then needed to use the regular Clorox 2 one day due to a poopy mess and it never bothered him, then I added Downy.  Once that runs out I use our regular Tide but I will likely always wash his stuff separate as I wash my H's stuff separate from mine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I never bought Dreft. We use All Free & Clear, and we've never had a problem with it. 
  • We have always used All Free & Clear. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When N was born I was washing everything with regular detergent. She started breaking out (probably NB acne but I wouldn't chance it) so I switched us all to the free and clear. We allhave pretty sensitive skin.

The only time I've used dreft or baby scented detergent is when I worked at my campus' daycare in college.

Eta: We also use the Downy free fabric softener.

_____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"