Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Sleepingbeauty, I'm going to ask a nosy question...

What does your engagement/wedding ring look like? I'm curious because in my head it's fantastic and unique. As a jewelry store manager, I'm sure you know exactly what you like and don't like. So please, spill it!

Re: Sleepingbeauty, I'm going to ask a nosy question...

• It's not exactly fantastic and unique but I adore it.

But I DO have a fantastic and unique one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oooooh, purty! I like them both, but I'm drawn to the second one especially. I love vintage cocktail rings, even if I rarely get the chance to wear them! And, funny enough, I love jewelry but rarely wear it. Or maybe I just like BUYING it.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesmbcoffee:
    Oooooh, purty! I like them both, but I'm drawn to the second one especially. I love vintage cocktail rings, even if I rarely get the chance to wear them! And, funny enough, I love jewelry but rarely wear it. Or maybe I just like BUYING it.
    On my days off I just wear a plain band, but at work I'm all jeweled out. I have SO much it's a little ridiculous. It helps that I get a great discount.
  • imagesmbcoffee:
    Oooooh, purty! I like them both, but I'm drawn to the second one especially. I love vintage cocktail rings, even if I rarely get the chance to wear them! And, funny enough, I love jewelry but rarely wear it. Or maybe I just like BUYING it.
    On my days off I just wear a plain band, but at work I'm all jeweled out. I have SO much it's a little ridiculous. It helps that I get a great discount.
  • Ooo what kind of stone is the pink one? I was tempted to get a pink sapphire engagement ring the first time but couldn't resist the sparkle of a diamond! Lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageanabell0920:
    Ooo what kind of stone is the pink one? I was tempted to get a pink sapphire engagement ring the first time but couldn't resist the sparkle of a diamond! Lol
    It's a pink tourmaline, the center is a rose amethyst. The pink tourmaline is a little dustier than a pink sapphire but the sapphire is much more durable.
  • imagesleepingbeauty825:
    imageanabell0920:
    Ooo what kind of stone is the pink one? I was tempted to get a pink sapphire engagement ring the first time but couldn't resist the sparkle of a diamond! Lol
    It's a pink tourmaline, the center is a rose amethyst. The pink tourmaline is a little dustier than a pink sapphire but the sapphire is much more durable.
    . You might like a rhodolite garnet too, they're more of a raspberry color.
  • imagesleepingbeauty825:
    imagesleepingbeauty825:
    imageanabell0920:
    . You might like a rhodolite garnet too, they're more of a raspberry color.
    Yah I was told a sapphire was the only other stone that would be recommended to withstand day to day abuse like a diamond. Is that true?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageanabell0920:
    Yah I was told a sapphire was the only other stone that would be recommended to withstand day to day abuse like a diamond. Is that true?
    . To a degree yes. You can wear a sapphire just as you would wear a diamond. On the hardness scale, diamond is 10, sapphire is 9. I believe 1 is chalk if that helps. Anyway, you could get away with a garnet or a tourmaline, but it would just need a little extra love. It may scratch over time or chip but imo if you love it and want it then go for it! I do like diamonds for wedding rings though, but that's just me.
  • imageanabell0920:
    . To a degree yes. You can wear a sapphire just as you would wear a diamond. On the hardness scale, diamond is 10, sapphire is 9. I believe 1 is chalk if that helps. Anyway, you could get away with a garnet or a tourmaline, but it would just need a little extra love. It may scratch over time or chip but imo if you love it and want it then go for it! I do like diamonds for wedding rings though, but that's just me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"