South Florida Babies
Options

Can we talk diaper pails?

I read a lot of positive review about the Diaper Genie 2, which is the one we got at the shower.  SIL has it, and has been using it for the past almost 3 yrs and really likes it.  And I know that nephew's room never stinks!

But over the weekend, I was told by a salesrep at a store that the best one currently on the market is the Diaper Dekor Plus as it holds the smell in the best. 

Anyone have any exprience with either, negative or positive?  Don't know anyone that has used the Dekor.

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Can we talk diaper pails?

• Options

we've had one for each kid... the diaper genie being one of them.

Never had problem wih the smell or anything but to me, the idea idea of leaivng a poopy diaper (even in a trash can) disgusts me. I just need to take it out as soon as possible so if/when we have a fourth, I will have finally learned my lesson and not buy one that just collects dust next to the changing table LOL

• Options
    We didn't use either of those, we used the Diaper Champ, which i thought got better reviews than the Genie at the time.. The thing is, the room will evntually smell as the child eats more solid foods. By the time they are 1their poops smells like ours and it's gross. We just put it in the garage trash and got rid of the champ probably around 1 year cause her room just smelled like a constant poop!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMelanieJH1016:
    We didn't use either of those, we used the Diaper Champ, which i thought got better reviews than the Genie at the time.. The thing is, the room will evntually smell as the child eats more solid foods. By the time they are 1their poops smells like ours and it's gross. We just put it in the garage trash and got rid of the champ probably around 1 year cause her room just smelled like a constant poop!

This is the one we got b/c it uses regular trash bags and you don't need to buy the refills.  I figure it can just be used as a wastebasket in the future if we don't use it as a diaper pail. 

• Options
    imageMrsJOSEnADRI:

imageMelanieJH1016:

This is the one we got b/c it uses regular trash bags and you don't need to buy the refills.  I figure it can just be used as a wastebasket in the future if we don't use it as a diaper pail. 

you need to get rid of the Diaper Champ once you child realizes it's really fun to put toys in it :) then your fishing toys out amongst nasty diapers LOL

• Options

LOL, hadn't thought of it that way.  But, I can now see how the compartment at the top could turn into a game for putting things in the garbage.

• Options
    oh yeah, that was Sebastian's favorite thing to do...but I never noticed it quick enough! ... put a toy it and make it disappear! :)
  • Options
    imageMrsJOSEnADRI:

LOL, hadn't thought of it that way.  But, I can now see how the compartment at the top could turn into a game for putting things in the garbage.

We lost a puzzle that way.  But we did manage to teach her that it's only for diapers and she hasn't put any toys in there since. 

We still have the Diaper Champ but only use it for wet diapers.  Poo diapers go straight outside.  I like it mainly for the convenience of having a place to put diapers in the morning when I'm really in a rush. 

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have the D Dekor Plus and I love it!  It is really simple to use, love how hands free it is, just step on it and let the diaper go.  As far as smelly pail I have to say it has also been good, of course ever since she started with solids it did get a little intense but only when you drop the diaper in, the room does not smell of poop when you walk in, which after a year of use I think is pretty awesome....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We got the Diaper Champ when we had Alex and I think we used it for like 2 weeks. After that I couldn't stand the smell. Everytime you would put a diaper in and flip the side you would get a wift and that smell was horrible! So for us, like V- it's collecting dust next to the changing table which is now a tables for his little goodies.
  • Options
    imageVandRicky:

we've had one for each kid... the diaper genie being one of them.

Never had problem wih the smell or anything but to me, the idea idea of leaivng a poopy diaper (even in a trash can) disgusts me. I just need to take it out as soon as possible so if/when we have a fourth, I will have finally learned my lesson and not buy one that just collects dust next to the changing table LOL

THIS!!! We used one for Abraham, I forgot what brand it was. I threw it away when he was like 8 months. I was sitting in his room one night waiting for him to go to sleep and I just picked it up and threw the thing in the trash bin outside. I HATE the idea of a diaper pail now lol. Obviously, it's convenient, but grosses me out too much now.

Diaper Champ was the one we had!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I never used one at all because I knew that it was not a "necessity" Our trash gets thrown out every other day and if the diaper was a really stinky poop i put it in a publix bag and throw it out. I never had a problem with smells.
  • Options
    Diaper Genie was good up until now-- our DD is 15 months..its starting to stink! We're expecting our second so we're going to switch to the Diaper Dekor which we hear is much better and easier to use...you have to manually stuff the diapers inthe the genie,...whereas dekor is more a trash bin type of use.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"