South Florida Babies
Options

private blogs - jackie & others come in

i'm looking to close my blog and only open it for users upon request. some guy who i don't know sent me a comment on my blog about being a sahd and that totally freaked me out since i have no idea who he is.

anyways, i should have done this a long time ago. for now i blocked my blog but i have no idea how to add users...help please.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: private blogs - jackie & others come in

• Options

Oh no!  That is freaky.

Well, I still haven't been able to figure out how to view Wordpress in "normal" view... and since I'm at work, I can't be downloading applications to my computer to get the upgraded look (as Karen suggested).

But scanning the options that I can see... I believe it is under "Users."  There was a section where I could add addresses to invite people.  Once they created a user name, I would add them to another section "Settings / Privacy."

HTH!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecocojack10:

But scanning the options that I can see... I believe it is under "Users."  There was a section where I could add addresses to invite people.  Once they created a user name, I would add them to another section "Settings / Privacy."

HTH!

under users there is a section that says name and email address...is that all i have to do? why do they have to create a user name and how would i find out about the user name? im just confused...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

and why am i given the option to set up users and contributors? what is all that?

• Options

If I recall correctly, users are just signin names... contributors would have more access to add to the blog (that you don't want to give people). 

Once the person registers their email, the user name automatically appears, so if you check frequently, you can add them automatically.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jackie im gonna FB you now...can u check it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"