Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Do YOU use a BD digital thermometer? (silly, long)

This is a ridiculous question, but I've been Googling all day, to no avail, so here goes.

*Disclaimer: I know I don't need to temp during AF, but I like to keep myself in the habit.  As I'm on CD2, I am aware that this is not an emergency.  I still want to find an answer if I can.*

So this morning I woke up and tried to temp as usual.  However, in my sleepy, button-pushing haze, I somehow changed my thermometer from Fahrenheit to Celsius.  (Tangent: My temp was 36.1 - I have no idea how you Canadian ladies deal w/ Celsius Wink.)  Since then, I have been trying all day to get it back to Fahrenheit, but I can't seem to do it. 

I've read the instruction manual.  It doesn't mention this at all.  So I'm wondering, has anyone else tried to change a BD digital thermometer from Celsius to Fahrenheit?

I guess I could just keep temping in Celsius and eventually I'd get used to it, but it seems like an added bother to convert it every day.  Or I could buy a new thermometer, but that seems like giving up.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

My BFP Chart

Becoming a better role model for my daughter, one day at a time

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Do YOU use a BD digital thermometer? (silly, long)

• Options
    Oye, I wouldn't even begin to know how to change mine. Sorry!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Rainbow baby, EDD 7/8/14, missed miscarriage 12/5/13. 
  • Options
    Oh no, I don't know how to fix it but I can understand that would be frustrating. I hope someone is more helpful than me and can tell you how!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I could be wrong, but I don't know that it actually matters what your temp IS; it's the pattern that makes a difference.  If you use Fertility Friend, you can just enter in Celsius, it should do everything else for you!  Good luck!

And no, I don't use a basal thermometer--yet.  This is only our cycle #2, if nothing happens, I'll probably get one to see if it makes much of a difference.

Good luck!

• Options

With mine (the pink Walgreens one), you hit the button to turn it on. It then shows you your last temp. After that, it says "Lo" (used to think this meant something, but it always says this...). If you hit the power button in the screen, it will change between F and C until the F or C begins to flash. Then the power button is just a power button again.

I don't know if that's helpful at all... GL!

• Options

Thanks, everyone. Smile

M_C, I know it's not the individual temps that matter, but I'm not intellectually curious enough to warrant learning what my typical temp patterns are in Celsius.  This is my 5th cycle charting, so I know what my usual pre- and post-O temp patterns are in Fahrenheit.  I don't really care to discern the patterns in my Celsius temps, KWIM?

Birdies, thanks for the effort.  Unfortunately, your instructions don't seem to apply to my ridiculous thermometer.  I can't for the life of me imagine how I managed to change it while semiconscious.  Tongue Tied  

My BFP Chart

• Options
    imageProcrastinatingBride:

Birdies, thanks for the effort.  Unfortunately, your instructions don't seem to apply to my ridiculous thermometer.  I can't for the life of me imagine how I managed to change it while semiconscious.  Tongue Tied  

It is unfortunately easy for me to switch mine in my half wakened state. Hope you figure it out!

• Options

Thanks, everyone. Smile

M_C, I know it's not the individual temps that matter, but I'm not intellectually curious enough to warrant learning what my typical temp patterns are in Celsius.  This is my 5th cycle charting, so I know what my usual pre- and post-O temp patterns are in Fahrenheit.  I don't really care to discern the patterns in my Celsius temps, KWIM?

I think you totally missed my point. :)  Go to my FF chart, there should be a button that says "View in Celsius" underneath the graph.  The pattern stays the same whether or not the temps are in C or F.  It doesn't matter.  If you chart in FF in Celsius, you still get the low temps before O, the high temps after O.  It doesn't matter.  Same pattern.  I hope that helps, actually seeing a temp chart in F vs. C to see that they look exactly the same.

• Options
    when you turn it on try holding down power. I have several thermometers and that's how they all go from F to C.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageM_C_McBrown:

Thanks, everyone. Smile

I think you totally missed my point. :)  Go to my FF chart, there should be a button that says "View in Celsius" underneath the graph.  The pattern stays the same whether or not the temps are in C or F.  It doesn't matter.  If you chart in FF in Celsius, you still get the low temps before O, the high temps after O.  It doesn't matter.  Same pattern.  I hope that helps, actually seeing a temp chart in F vs. C to see that they look exactly the same.

Thanks for following up. Your original message was a great reminder that my FF chart can be changed to Celsius. My issue is just that I don't want to have some charts in C and some in F. I don't want to wonder, until I can input it in FF, what my temp means, if that makes any sense. I understand it's the same pattern. I am just familiar with it in F. I'm posting this from my Blackberry, so I'm sorry if there are typos or formatting issues.

My BFP Chart

• Options
    imagecarmen29:
    Stick with the Celcius eh!
    This made me LOL :)

My BFP Chart

• Options
    I have one, so I found the directions that came with it...unfortunately they don't say anything about changing from C to F or back again!  Sorry!!
    Married 7.5.08
    BFP 12/10/10 - DD1 8/16/11
    BFP 10/29/13 - c/p 11/2/13
    BFP 11/29/13 - DD2 7/18/14
    BFP 3/20/18 - DS1 due 12/2/18
  • Options
    I have a BD Basil thermometer and I couldn't get it to switch back to Fahrenheit so I took out the battery and when I put it back in it was in Fahrenheit again... it's worth a shot!  Good luck!!
  • Options
    When the unit is off, press and hold the blue start button at the top of the unit. Then while still holding the start button, press and hold the ON/Memory button (you should now have both buttons pressed). The display will power on and you will see the setting toggle from celcius to fahrenheit. Once the setting has changed you can release both buttons. Repeat the entire process in order to toggle the setting back to celcius.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"