Multiples
Options

Intro and poll

Hi! I found out last week that we are having twins (due toward the beginning of April)! We have one son already who will be 2 in January. We are excited and scared to death at the same time.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

I have a million questions, but I'll stick with one for now :)

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro and poll

• Options

Congrats and welcome!

I had an emergency c-section at 36w6d due to pre-eclampsia, protein in my urine and compromised blood flow through my daughter's cord.  I think I would've had a c-section anyway, since Baby B (my daughter) was breech, and my OB would only do vaginal deliveries if both babies were head down.

• Options
    scheduled c section here!  Congrats and welcome!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats & welcome!! Are you going to find out genders? :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

welcome and congrats!  Had an emergency c-section after induction due to pre-eclampsia/hellp syndrome

• Options

Congratulations and welcome to the board!

I went in for an induction and attempted a vaginal delivery (both babies were vertex), however, due to little progress in labor (started at 3cm and after 24 hours of pitocin, I only made it to 5cm) and increasing blood pressure, I ended up having a c-section.

GL to you!

BFP July 09 - m/c Aug 09
    BFP Nov 09 - c/p Dec 09
    BFP Dec 09 - A&J born in August 2010 at 37w, 6d
    BFP Sept 11 - ectopic pregnancy/left tube removed
    BFP April 12 - E born December 2012 at 39w, 1d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagebabya2010:
    Congrats & welcome!! Are you going to find out genders? :)

We are definitely finding out as early as possible! I wish I already knew and I'm not even 8 weeks yet!

• Options
    Congrats and welcome!  My DD will also be 2 in January but my twins are due in November!  I am very nervous about how its all going to play out, but know deep down it may stink for awhile, but it'll be great in the end!  I have a scheduled c/s because I had a c/s with DD and my OB felt it was the safest way to deliver the babies.
  • Options

Congrats!  I can't contribute to your poll because I'm not too far ahead of you!  But I wanted to tell you we're in a similar boat as you.  My son will be 2 in March and our twins are due at the end of March.  We only found out it was twins about 2 weeks ago so its all still sinking in for us too.

Now, my sister did have twins 8 years ago and she had a c-section.  She had one scheduled b/c the babies were both laying sideways and b/c she had a c-section with her son (who was 20 months old when the twins were born), but her water broke at 35 weeks and so I guess you'd say she had a "not really scheduled" c-section then :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Congrats and welcome!!!

I pushed for 3 hours only to find out DS had decided he wanted to try to beat DD out who was already starting to decend in the birth canal hahaha so we had a litle back up on the freeway leading into a last min c-section.  Despite everything every one was healthy and great!

ask away we are all here for ya!

• Options
    Congrats and welcome!  My OB told me about 50% of twin births are c/s.  We had one since both babies were breech. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"