Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Ferber in middle of the night-question

i know you're not supposed to take the baby out of the crib but what do you do if they have pooped or are very wet?  We always chagne her if she poops (seh can't sleep with a poopy diaper) or if she is super wet.  I have the ferber book at home and will look at it tonight but am curious now about what he says about that?

BFP #1: 3/28/09: DD born 12/11/09
BFP #2: 11/16/11: M/C at 7 weeks
BFP #3: 03/24/12: C/P 03/28/12
BFP #4: 04/26/12: please be our baby

Re: Ferber in middle of the night-question

• Options

i'm not sure about what ferber says but we also follow the rule of never taking ds out of the crib.

if he needs a change in the night we do it right in the crib as quickly as possible.

that being said, he hasn't pooped in the night in a very long time. if he pooped i might be more inclined to use the changetable  

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options

We changed poop or very wet diapers, and then put DD back.  We just kept the playing/interaction to a minimum, all business, and back to Ferber.

ETA:  we did this b/c the point of CIO is to teach them to sleep, which is probably not going to happen when they are uncomfortable, and we won't make DD sleep in a dirty diaper.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

When we used the Ferber method, if she woke up in the middle of the night with a pee soaked diaper, I would just turn on the bathroom light (which was down the hall) so it would light up the room just slightly so I could see what I was doing. And I didn't talk to her at all while changing her diaper. After the change, I'd put her back in the crib to let her soothe herself.

The main point, do it was quietly and calmly as possible.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSuperchicy:

We changed poop or very wet diapers, and then put DD back.  We just kept the playing/interaction to a minimum, all business, and back to Ferber.

ETA:  we did this b/c the point of CIO is to teach them to sleep, which is probably not going to happen when they are uncomfortable, and we won't make DD sleep in a dirty diaper.

This is how i feel also.

BFP #1: 3/28/09: DD born 12/11/09
    BFP #2: 11/16/11: M/C at 7 weeks
    BFP #3: 03/24/12: C/P 03/28/12
    BFP #4: 04/26/12: please be our baby
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"