1st Trimester

Pregnant AGAIN...had a c-section 8 months ago!

Just found out Im pregnant again...We're excited! But I had a c-section only 8 months ago. Does anyone know if this can cause any problems?

Re: Pregnant AGAIN...had a c-section 8 months ago!

• I know my doc strongly reccomended I wait a year before TTGP due to risks to the incision on your ute.  I'm sure yours will monitor you and let you know what he thinks.  H&H 9 to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not likely, it may make your incision sore for a few months. It may also prevent you from having a VBAC due to uterine rupture since your C/S was just a few months ago. Congrats though! H&H 9 months!
  • Loading the player...
  • Most docs want you to wait longer, and some won't allow VBAC (if that is your wish) but I know a few girls around here who had a c/s, were pregnant again quickly and delivered within 16 months of the c/s by VBAC (one with twins) and it went fine. 

Good luck to you!  

• you'll be fine. I got pregnant when I was 9 mos post csection.  My dr. told me 6 mos to wait...but many say a year none of my dr.s have ever been concerned.  My mom had two babies 11 months apart through csection...after already having two csections many years before.  She did fine. 
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Thanks everyone! I feel alittle bit better now!
  • Wow congrats!
  • I got pregnant 8 mos after a c-section and did just fine.  I wasn't allowed to do a VBAC but my second baby was perfectly healthy!  So a happy and healthy 9 months to you!!!
  • imagekc10786:
    Not likely, it may make your incision sore for a few months. It may also prevent you from having a VBAC due to uterine rupture since your C/S was just a few months ago. Congrats though! H&H 9 months!
    Totally random. But your daughter is ADORABLE. That is a super cute pic :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD ~ 4/21/2011
    DD 2.0 ~ 12/30/2013

• Check out the International Cesarean Awareness network page-lots of good resources there!

www.ican-online.org

• Congrats!! By the time this baby is born, it will have been 1 year (almost to the day) since I had the twins! Obviously, my OB would have preferred me to wait but it's nothing she can't handle! You'll just be monitored and you will probably have another c/s (instead of vbac, if you had wanted that).
  • you will be fine....my had me c-section back in 78 then had my sis 10months later c-section....it can happen!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I'm sure everything will be fine, lots of people get pregnant again soon after a c/s.  Your uterus does most of its healing within the first 6 weeks.

And you may still be able to have a VBAC if that is what you want.   Talk to your OB about it.  

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Every doctor will give you a different story-you should wait a year, 6 months, 2 years, etc. If you get pregnant before that timeframe, the risk of complications is extremely low so it's not that big a deal. I got pregnant with my OB's blessing when my DS was 4.5 months old. Besides some incision pain in the first month, I've had a boring, uncomplicated pregnancy thus far.

Congrats!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"