Birth Stories

Demonds Birth Story!!

My last doctors appt wasnt supposed to be for a couple of weeks seeing as how my EDD was Sept 24th, but turns out my last docs appointment ended up being August 27th!

We got up that Friday morning and got ready for the doctor, put everything we needed back in the car, just in case we had to go to the hospital for some reason. We get there a few mins late and then we go back. I pee and they weigh me and do my Bp. Bp was high (i think 164/89 or something of the sort). So they put me in the room to wait for my midwife and she came in. We talk a little while, and she measured me, I was measuring 39wks, I was only 36, which i have been measuring big the last 4 appts so she wasnt worried. We listened to his little heartbeat, and then she was like now this Bp is kinda high. Then she proceeded to tell me that I may have to do the 24hr pee test for Pre-E again! (I had to do it the week before.) So she had the nurse check it again and of course still high. So she came back in and was like since its Friday we are going to send you to the hospital to be monitored while they do your blood work. So was I was like okay! So we stopped and grabbed a bite to eat and then off to triage we go! I get there and they hook me all up and take all my blood. And then they were to monitor me for an hour and then call my doc. I knew that i was going to end up staying over night because my bp was high everytime the machine took it, and at one point it was like 170/101!!! but that was only once.

My poor DH works 3 shift and hadnt been to bed it was like 4 in the evening he was lookin like a bobble head sitting beside me! He got up and went to the restroom and came back and was like they are going to keep you, and im like no they arent and he opened the door and the insurance lady was like yeah i just overheard them. So they came in and told me that I was staying and I would be doing the 24hr pee test there overnight! Yay :/....So they transfered me over to a room in highrisk and thats where the wait began. Dh called into work and let them know he wasnt going to be there and we went to sleep for a little while.

Saturday morning gets here and im anxiously waiting for 2 pm to role around, thats what time they come to get my "sample," and then it would take an hr to get the results back. In the mean time the nurse comes in at 8 and is like okay your going down to get an u/s. I was like awesome!! So i put my housecoat on and stood in the hall like she told me. I swear it was like they were starting an army of highrisk pregos!! They had us all in the hall and then I walked down with the lady across the hall from me because i didnt know where i was going. So we get down to the u/s and sit there, we were 2nd in line and then they tell us to go back to the room, because he didnt order for me to have a u/s and that it would probably be Sunday morning. BUMMER! I was so excited to see our LO. Then I was like Sunday? I am not going to be here sunday!!

2 finally came and they came and collected. Later on they came in and told me that i wasnt Pre-E but I would be talking to the highrisk docs on Sunday. So we got to spend another night in the hospital! As we sat there Saturday night, I told DH i didnt think we were leaving the hospital without a baby!! I just had a gut feeling that he as going to be here sooner rather than later!

Sunday gets here and we wake up and get sent to get an u/s with the high risk doc! yay!!  We go in and the tech is measuring everything and looking around and then she sends the hr doc over. Hes looking and hes like everything looks good, BUT....yeah but!, the fluid around baby is low and its better to have him in than out at this point in time and theres no way we are going to wait 3 more weeks for him to get here!! OMG!! is the thought that crossed my mind, we are bout to have a baby!! So he sent us back to our room and Dr Collins came in and talked to us about the events that were about to happen and then we would be moved over to L&D!!

Once I was moved over to L&D i would be recieving something that would soften my cervix and at 6am Monday morning they would start pitocin!! I was overwhelmed with emotions because I wanted to do everything soo natural but I knew we had to get him out saftely so i was down for whatever we had to do to get him out!!

The nurse came in at about 530 Monday morning and checked me and i was only .5cm dilated and then they started the pitocin!! AHHHH!!! About 30mins to and hr later I was feeling the contractions!! They were insane! My parents and brother arrived to the hospital around 10 and I was in so much pain it was crazy! I even tried to kick my dad out of the room because he was irritating me so bad! Him and my mom were acting like teenagers ugh! Giggling at every little thing. Anyways! At around 12 or 1 the nurse came in and told me to stay in the bed because everytime I would unhook to go to the bathroom and then hook back up the baby's heart rate would drop and come back up. Then she checked me and i was only 1cm. So they monitored that for a little bit and then she came in and was like we are go slowly turning this pitocin down since your contractions are so close together (they were less than 1.5 apart!! And that went on for like an hr!)Then she came in with this look on her face like she had something bad to tell me. "Well the baby is not going to be able to tolerate a vaginal birth, his heart rate was just all over the place!!" ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! BUMMER! They prepped me for a c section!  The spinal took FOREVER! It kept going the wrong way! Then at 2:22 pm on August 30th I heard the best thing i have ever heard in my life!! His little cry!!! My DH and mom were snapping away and when I finally got to see him I was just overwhelmed!!! Later on I was told it was best that we did a csection because if I would have labored on my own he would have been strangled because the cord was partially around his neck. So thanklful my little man was a healthy 7lbs 20in long!!

Thanks for reading our birth story!

Re: Demonds Birth Story!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"