New Mexico Babies

Pregnancy Yoga?

My doctor just released me to workout! Does anyone know of pregnancy yoga in Albuquerque? My doctor said I cannot do any high intensity workout. The only workout I can think of is yoga and swimming. I know I can walk, but I don't feel that walking is a workout.  I really don't want to be a cow after I deliver the baby :)

Thanks! 

Re: Pregnancy Yoga?

• There are several places that do pregnancy yoga in Albuquerque.  I was doing a prenatal class at a hot yoga studio downtown that was awesome.  It's not a hot class, but the room is still warm from the classes before.  It was definately the best yoga workout I got during pregnancy.  I tried the classes at Sports and Wellness and a prenatal yoga DVD, but I felt like I spent most of the time arranging pillows, bolsters and other props.  This class is really a workout!

I see a lot of pregnant women at my gym doing regular classes too.  My doctor said if you are doing it before you got pregnant, you can continue your normal workout routine until it gets uncomfortable.  And believe me by then end walking WILL be a workout.

• I take prenatal yoga at High Desert Yoga. They are great. I recommend the Tuesday class at 5:30 PM but they do also offer a a great class on Saturday's as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been thinking about doing something like this as well, I will have to check out the High Desert Yoga. Thanks for the info!
  • Hey HM...

In case you are interested, Lovelace woman's hospital has several classes they offer and one of them is a free yoga class on Oct. 30th. You don't have to have Lovelace to go. here is the link to register.

https://www.lovelace.com/news/education.aspx?mr=2

click on the class title and pick the Shatayu Bhava Yoga Workshop

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"