Multiples
Options

When did you stop exercising?

I'm currently 28 weeks and trying to continue exercising but it's getting hard.  I only do about 30-40 mins on a recumbant bike or a prenatal yoga video but I just find myself so exhausted all the time that exercise is the last thing I want to do anymore.  Some online articles say you shouldn't exercise after 28 weeks in a twin pregnancy anyway but if I'm not having complications I feel like I should keep up with it.

Just wondering how long you ladies were able to exercise for?

Re: When did you stop exercising?

• Options
    I stopped after the first tri... I just didn't want to take any chances.  There are some who think it's better to keep exercising- but I went by Dr. Luke's book, saying to rest up as much as possible, whenever possible...  I made it to 38w without any problems... could have been luck- who knows- but i'm glad I stopped exercising when I did. 
  • Options

I found out I was having twins around Week 13/14.  Once we found that out, my doctor limited my exercise to walking.

Did you talk to your OB?  I would ask. 

After Week 25, there was no way I could do anything more than walk. 

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageGoldie_Locks_5:
    I stopped after the first tri... I just didn't want to take any chances.  There are some who think it's better to keep exercising- but I went by Dr. Luke's book, saying to rest up as much as possible, whenever possible...  I made it to 38w without any problems... could have been luck- who knows- but i'm glad I stopped exercising when I did. 

Me too.  I still did some casual swimming and hand weights when I was feeling up to it.  Light walks here and there... but I want to make it all the way! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I stopped at the end of my 2nd trimester doing step areobics and classes of that sort. My heart rate got too high.  I still took walks around my neighborhood.  The closer I got to my due date the shorter of walks I took.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've stopped already.  My doctor told me to take it easy and try to sit/rest as much as I can to avoid being on bedrest later.  And I had a cerclage yesterday because of an incompetent cervix that was diagnosed 14 years ago.  SO, I am not quite "normal." 
  • Options
    do you have access to a pool?  swimming is the best exercise (no weight on the cervix so you can do it until the end).  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was in good shape before I was pregnant and continued to lift and do aerobics up to the third trimester and then I walked.  There were days where I was way too tired so I didn't do anything, but I walked up until the end at 39 weeks.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"