Multiples
Options

Baby carrier... which one?

So, I really want a baby carrier, as I think it will be the easiest to carry both babies, however, don't know where to start researching the best, most convenient.  I'm not sure if I'd wear them both at the same time, so for now, just need a carrier for a single baby.

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times. 

Which do u have?  Do you recommend?  Why do u like it so much?  If you have one you hated, please tell too!

Thanks.

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Baby carrier... which one?

• Options

for newborns, the moby.  you can wear them both and you can wear them in so many ways.

for older babies (6 mos+), the Kokopax has been my carrier of choice, followed by the mei tei and Ergo.  I do think having multiple options is a good thing.

they have a whole website dedicated to babywearing!  https://www.thebabywearer.com

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am a big fan of the Moby this time. I don't wear them both at once, but this is far more comfortable then one of those front carrier/backpacky things. We had one of those for DD and it hurt my shoulders. I am also top heavy and had a hard time with any other carrier I have tried.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have an Ellaroo wrap that we LOVE; it's different material than the Moby, so it reportedly doesn't stretch as much.  It's possible to carry both babies at the same time with it, but I haven't mastered that yet.

We also have 2 Mei Tais that we like a lot; they're better for when the babies get a little more stable.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We have 3 carriers.  The only one that doesn't work for me is the Moby.  I really want to like it and use it more but I'm really petite - I end up wrapped in so much fabric and the babies really don't like it whether alone or together when they were smaller.  It works for DH but he gets frustrated with tying it.  We also have a Baby Bjorn that we both really like.  The babies like it, too.  I've heard some people say that Baby Bjorns hurt their back but neither DH nor I have that problem.  Finally, I have a Maya Wrap which is a sling.  I really like it.  They come in sizes (basically just for length) so I'm the only one who uses it - my XS would be way too small for DH.  I find it really comfortable and both babies really like being in it, too. 

• Options
    We have two baby bjorns and an ergo - the baby bjorns work great; its my DH's choice when we're out running errands on the weekend - we each strap one on and go. The ergo (IMO) doesn't work for us yet - I think it will be great once the babies are a little older/bigger. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"