Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Almost 4 mos - normal to have new issues?

We're coming up on 4 mos and all of a sudden she's decided this week that she HATES her swing (used to LOVE it). As soon as I strap her in and walk away she'll scream bloody murder. Sometimes I just need to get stuff done so I make her tough it out walking over every few min to put the paci back in which lasts until I turn my back again.

This week she also decided napping is a thing of the past. She'll do 20-30 min here or there but don't dare put her in her crib (which she also used to love to nap in). She prefers to either exhaust herself in the swing and cat nap or nap on me. I used to be able to drop her in the crib at nap time, wide awake and she'd fall asleep for at least an hour.

What's going on? Is she testing me? Could something be wrong that she doesn't feel good? She sleeps in her crib 11-12 hours every night. Tonight I couldn't get her in the crib fast enough she was so exhausted. Is she sleeping too much at night?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Almost 4 mos - normal to have new issues?

• Options

Things will always change 'til the kids move out of the house.

My DS has been the same way (really consistent with nighttime. . . everything else is all over the place).  Thank your lucky stars that it's just the daytime that's being farkled with. . . just roll with it.

imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • Options
    We're going through the same thing!  It was like this her 3 month growth spurt, too, one day she didn't nap at all (this time around that day was yesterday).  She has also had 2-3 more nursing sessions than usual today, I'm hoping it's just the spurt and she'll be back to normal in a few days.  She also sleeps 10-12 hours at night and has still always napped fine.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm going through the same thing right now...  she sleeps her nights fine (consistently from 6:30 pm to 7 am) but her days are all over the place.

Some days I put her down for a nap and she sleeps for 2 hours, no fussing.  Other days she seems to get overtired/stimulated so easily and she screams and fights sleep until she's just exhausted and the she'll sleep for maybe 30 minutes before she wakes up hungry.

I figure as long as she still sleeps her nights, I have nothing to complain about!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Options

LO's will go through a 1000 stages and schedule changes during childhood.  Just when you think you have it all down pat, they move on to the next stage.  Don't try to analyze it, just roll with the punches. Soon enough she will get past this stage and on to another.

• Options
    My LO did the same thing and looking back she seems to have that pattern around growth spurts. She will eat more frequently for about a week, and the following week she will barely nap during the day. It usually only lasts about a week and then DD goes back to her old routine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"