Babies on the Brain
Options

I saw a woman breastfeeding in Starbucks

and I thought it was so beautiful. She did it in a way that was natural and easy going. She didn't use a cover or large blanket, but was still modest.  I wanted to tell her how great I thought it was that she was doing that, but I couldn't think of a good way to do it without being creepy. 
Baby #1 edd 4/21/07 - Matthias James born 5/2/07, 9 lbs, 22 in

Baby # 2 edd 11/26/08 - Ezra Jacob born 11/29/08, 9 lbs 6 oz., 21 3/4 in

Baby #3 edd 05/04/13 - Titus Jude born 05/01/13, 9 lb 5 oz. 21.5 in

Re: I saw a woman breastfeeding in Starbucks

• Options
    Good for her.  Whenever I NIP, I get a lot of glares and dirty looks.  I have just had to quit making eye contact with people.  I wish more people accepted it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Love this! I have NIP a few times and haven't used a cover. I sometimes think they draw more attention. Good for her!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think I would have wanted to say something, too, but I don't know what I would have said without sounding creepy, either.

I can't imagine giving someone a dirty look for nip.  I mean, I don't want them just sitting there with their breast hanging out and no baby attached, but do people really do that?

Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    imageMelaneigh:

I can't imagine giving someone a dirty look for nip.  I mean, I don't want them just sitting there with their breast hanging out and no baby attached, but do people really do that? 

I've gotten dirty looks. I even had another woman tell me that I should be breastfeeding my baby during supper at a youth retreat because the high schoolers might feel uncomfortable. I said, it's about time they learn what boobs are really for and I'm sure they would feel much more uncomfortable if DS was screaming the whole time.   

Baby #1 edd 4/21/07 - Matthias James born 5/2/07, 9 lbs, 22 in

Baby # 2 edd 11/26/08 - Ezra Jacob born 11/29/08, 9 lbs 6 oz., 21 3/4 in

Baby #3 edd 05/04/13 - Titus Jude born 05/01/13, 9 lb 5 oz. 21.5 in

• Options

Well, I remember being about 12 years old when my Aunt had her youngest son.  We were taking a walk one day on a public, crowded walking trail, and she needed to stop and breastfeed.  I was mortified, but she pretty much told me to get over it, and that this was what happens when a baby needs to eat, and her boobs were about to explode.

So I got over it.  And now, 15 years later, I think I was just being an irrational adolescent (don't those two words mean the same thing? lol).

Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options

I've actually told moms who I've seen NIP "Good for you!" and smiled at them. I didn't feel uncomfortable and they've all been really acceptive and smiled back. 

I never really got the glares or looks when I NIP, and I did it a ton. Which is funny because sometimes I feel like the South is so not as liberal about breastfeeding.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"