3rd Trimester
Options

OB office vent!

I got a call on Friday from my OB's office and they told me that my glucose blood test was normal but I am RH Negative.  Which meant that I had to get a shot to prevent problems with the baby.  So I went in this afternoon for my scheduled appointment to get a shot and the nurse looked at my chart and told me that I didn't need the shot cause I actually had positive blood! They told me that they were sorry for the mix-up but, and they are pretty sure that I don't have negative blood.  I was like WTF?!  I've never been to a doctor's office where they screw up so much! Last time they screwed up by writing down the wrong weight!  By putting down 25lbs less than I actually weighed.  I never been to doctor's office where I have to double check everything they are doing!  

I really wish that I could switch practices, but I'm 29 weeks into the pregnancy.  It is kind of late, isn't it?  What would you do? 

Re: OB office vent!

• Options
    I don't think it's ever to late, if you're not comfortable with them... I would switch.  What if they screw up something important, like delivery?  I wouldn't keep a doctor that I couldn't trust.
  • Options
    Strange, because I am RH negative and didn't have to have a shot unless I had any type of bleeding related to the pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would switch to someone you are more comfortable with.  To pp- Some practices give the shot at 28 weeks in case there are problems towards the end of the pregnancy and again after labor. 
  • Options
    I'd switch if they are making that many mistakes. You still have a while to go. I'd do it NOW! (switch)
  • Options

You can still switch.  I know there is a doctor here in town where he will take last minute (as in, your in delivery and want to switch) cases.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you are not happy with them I would switch.. I switched obs at 20 something weeks when i was pregnant with ds ( we moved from co to ca)
    DD 11/5/10 born by c section DS 9/8/07 born by c section due to Pre-e/Hellp Syndrome m/c at 5 1/2 weeks 8/4/06 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
  • Options
    It's never late to switch doctors. I'd rather switch to a doctor I feel comfortable with then stay with one that gave me the wrong inforamtion.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am Rh negative, but avoided the shot bc DH is also negative, ergo no problems with the baby (or rather the next baby).

It's not too late to switch, but you need to find a new practice pronto.

• Options

imagenicole112709:
    Strange, because I am RH negative and didn't have to have a shot unless I had any type of bleeding related to the pregnancy.

Ooh that is scary medical advice. I am RH- and my doctor explained that the babys blood & my blood could mix without me ever even knowing it. For instance I fell down the steps a couple weekends ago, and it could have caused a minor little tear in the placenta, which could have caused our blood to mix. The Rhogam is only proven effective if given within certain time parameters. I would get a second opinion if I were you. Granted you are pretty late in the game, when I had issues with the Rh- I was having miscarriages within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"