Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How much does your 10 week old sleep at night?

My little guy turned 10 weeks today and I'm afraid he doesn't do that well in the sleep department.  He is still up every 2 or 3 hours.  We have been dealing with reflux and milk allergy issues so I know that is probably the reason he doesn't sleep much.  I was just wondering how long your 10 week old sleeps at night? 

Re: How much does your 10 week old sleep at night?

• I don't think this is normal, but DS will be 10 weeks tomorrow, and for at least the last 3 nights in a row he has slept 7 1/2 hours, then a bottle, then back down for 2-4 1/2 hours. I just started actually tracking his sleep, and he's slept for about 15 hours a day. Most of them at night. He usually goes down between 8-9, and doesnt wake up til 4-6am. Then sleeps til around 10am. Then goes BACK down for a nap about 1-2 hours later!

ETA: I'm sorry you are dealing with AR and allergies! DS has mild AR, and we've been on zantac for a week now. It's def helped. Also, pedi has him on anti-spasm meds fr his bowels, bc he gets super painful gas. I think these meds are helping him feel so much better, and he isn't woken up by severe gas pains anymore.

• My LO goes any where from 6-8 hours between night time feedings, he usually has his last feeding around 9pm and can go until 2-4am until the next feeding.  His record was 8 hours on Saturday night but hasn't repeated it since.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine doesn't go down for the night until 11...but, he sleeps 7-9 hours...
  • She sleeps anywhere from 8 - 10 hours a night. She doesn't nap much and is still eating every 2 - 2.5 hours during the day. She is breast fed and has severe AR and milk protein allergy. I cut all dairy and anything with milk protein in it out of my diet and she is on Prevacid 2x/day
  • Lo goes down between 8:30 and 9 and sleeps until 1:30-2. Then she's up for a bottle and down again until 5 (but that's just becuase that's when we get up for work and get her ready to go to the sitters). I wish we could get rid of that 2 am feeding. That would make life nice!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD goes down around 8:30 (falls asleep around 9 usually), and she will wake up around 4am typically to eat - then back to sleep until 9am usually.  She doesn't nap much during the day at all - maybe a 20-30 minute cat nap here and there.  I hope things get better for you!  I'm sure the reflux is the problem - have you elevated the head of bed?  Maybe that would help?
  • imageCheerChicki:

I don't think this is normal, but DS will be 10 weeks tomorrow, and for at least the last 3 nights in a row he has slept 7 1/2 hours, then a bottle, then back down for 2-4 1/2 hours. I just started actually tracking his sleep, and he's slept for about 15 hours a day. Most of them at night. He usually goes down between 8-9, and doesnt wake up til 4-6am. Then sleeps til around 10am. Then goes BACK down for a nap about 1-2 hours later!

ETA: I'm sorry you are dealing with AR and allergies! DS has mild AR, and we've been on zantac for a week now. It's def helped. Also, pedi has him on anti-spasm meds fr his bowels, bc he gets super painful gas. I think these meds are helping him feel so much better, and he isn't woken up by severe gas pains anymore.

This!  Hope it gets better for you! 

• DD is 11 weeks today.  She was consistently sleeping 5.5-6 hours, nursing, then back down for 2-3 hours.  The last 3 nights, she has gone 7 hours for the first stretch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"