3rd Trimester
Options

For anyone who's been induced before...

Were you able to sleep for the first few hours after getting the pitocin, or were there really strong contractions right away?  If not, would they give you something to help you sleep?  I'm getting induced tomorrow morning, and I barely got any sleep last night, and though I'm exhausted, I'm sure I'm not going to sleep tonight :oP
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For anyone who's been induced before...

• Options
    I was induced with DD at 7am and didn't get strong contractions until probably 1pm. They did give me something to help me sleep too. Once I had my epidural, I slept until I felt the urge to push.
  • Options
    I started my pitocin around 7:30am, they broke the water after lunch. The craziness didn't kick in until after the water was broken.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started having contractions within a 1/2 hour of pitocin. So, I was given around 6pm and by 6:30pm I was having super intense contractions. Lol, there was no way in the world I could sleep through that...I could barely breathe. DD was born less than 4 hours later though. GL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My water broke, but I didn't have contractions and ended up being put on pitocin. I was able to rest/sleep for the first few hours, but the nurses were actually pretty surprised I could (I wasn't feeling much at all for a while).
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I'm kind of nervous about it, but I'll just ask for something to help me sleep I guess if I don't get much tonight (which I'm sure I won't :oP).  I feel a little better though hearing that a lot of you were able to sleep at least for a couple of hours :o)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The pit was not too strong for me right away. They also offered ambien to sleep if I wanted it.

Good luck!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"