Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Clearly I have lost my mind

I've been doing a bunch of canning today and so I decided to crack open this mystery box of canning jars that my aunts gave me when they were clearing out my Grandparents place last winter. It's a pretty big box and I had stuffed it in a corner and forgotten about it. I wanted to know if there was anything in there I needed before I bought more jelly sized jars and I needed to sort of inventory it anyway so I know what to do with it packing wise for the move.

So I crack it open and start to unwrap stuff. Within seconds I realize it's stuffed full of quart jars. (side note - almost my whole stash of jars came from this cleanout and WHY was my grandmother so fond of quart jars when they're my least used size?!) Now here's where I lose my sanity. I continue to unwrap these jars and line them up next to me. I'm 20 jars in (and a third of the way through the box - seriously that's a lot of jars) before I realize what I'm doing. I'm unpacking a box. WTH is wrong with me?! Now I have to rewrap all these stupid jars and pack them back up. 

Idiot. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clearly I have lost my mind

• Options
    oh geez...well yay for never having to buy any more quart jars for like ever!

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • Options

imagensees:

When my aunts first called me about all these jars that they found and wondered if I wanted, I went over to see what there was. I bet I left behind 3-4 boxes like this worth of quart jars. I took a decent amount of quarts, and all the pints and half pints that I could find. I'd have taken everything but I just didn't have anywhere to put them and couldn't for the life of me figure out what I'd do with it all at the time (canning blasphemy I know). They brought this box over later. That's an insane amount of jars that she had squirreled away! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesmurfetteinred:

imagensees:

When my aunts first called me about all these jars that they found and wondered if I wanted, I went over to see what there was. I bet I left behind 3-4 boxes like this worth of quart jars. I took a decent amount of quarts, and all the pints and half pints that I could find. I'd have taken everything but I just didn't have anywhere to put them and couldn't for the life of me figure out what I'd do with it all at the time (canning blasphemy I know). They brought this box over later. That's an insane amount of jars that she had squirreled away! 

That is an insane amount of jars.  I'm glad that it worked out for you!!

My mom was able to find about 2 dozen of my grammy's jars in her basement that she hadn't given away before she passed.  I'm really happy that I got to use them :-) 

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • Options
    LOL.  Clearly you just want to be moved already!
  • Options
    Well usually unpacking is a logical things to do...
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"