December 2010 Moms

(NBR) Any dental insurance experts?

This may be a completely unanswerable question and I am making phone calls tomorrow, but just curious if anyone has any input. My husband and I have terrible dental insurance that is based out of California, Nevada, and somewhere else. I have checked their website of dental providers in Colorado and most of the dentists I don't feel comfortable going to. I have found a couple of dentists that are promising, but they aren't listed as being in our network.

Anyone know the chances that dentists might work with the insurance? I really need to go to a dentist as my gums are killing me, but I want to go some place that I feel comfortable with.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: (NBR) Any dental insurance experts?

• I worked in dental for 12+ years, so I'll try to help you.  IF the doc that you are interested in isn't in the network you want, you can always ask if they'll join.  Your chances are higher if they are already in some other networks, because docs that aren't in any networks probably won't be joining. 

However, if your insurance is really that bad, they might not want to because joining means they have to write off HUGE amounts.  Did you have a previous dentist that you have a relationship with & might do it just for you?

The other thing is that maybe they just haven't heard of that network, since it's based out of a different state.  It's a lot of paperwork & negotiations to join a network, so why seek out & join a plan that won't really give you very many patients.

Bottom line, you can always ask.  The worst they will say is "no."  And if you had a dentist there previously, and they won't join, they *should* be able to give you a recommendation from the list of a trustworthy provider.

Hope that helps, and sorry it's so long!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"