Infertility

forgot to tell my HPT purchase story

So I was at the Dollar Store the other day stocking up on cheap HPTs (I usually buy like 4 or 5 at a time so I can test out the end of my trigger and, well, because I like to pee on sticks I guess!) and when I put my handful of HPTs on the counter at the register, the cashier lady's eyes got all wide and she loudly exclaims, "wow, I've never seen anyone buy THIS many pregnancy tests!!!" and holds them up for her co-worker to see, so they can snicker.  Then she goes, "what are you hoping for, plus or minus?" and continues to blab on and on (LOUDLY, with customers behind me) about how she and her boyfriend might don't use any birth control because they "don't care if they get knocked up" and that she is leaving it up to God to decide whether or not she gets pregnant or not, because really it's "all about what The Big Man decides he wants for you..."   Then she's telling me all about the HPTs and how they work "real good", and how they've been right every single time for her AND her sister, too....  Good grief, this woman would NOT. SHUT. UP.  It was mortifying, and needless to say, I will never go back there again!!!!

Re: forgot to tell my HPT purchase story

• Wow just wow!

I think I would have said yeah I am buying all these because I can't have kids and am paying a fortune for fertility treatments so I can't afford the good ones, but thanks so much for pointing out that god apparently doesn't want me to have kids.  Now can you ring me up?  Thanks  :::plastic smile:::

TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh wow! What is wrong with people?! I am sorry you had to go through that!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yikes! What a crazy woman.
    Stacy
    PCOS, RPL, & Anti Cardiolipin Antibody
  • I don't know WHAT is wrong with people, I really don't!

Yellow_Daisy, I may have to write all that down and keep it in my purse where I can whip it out quickly... just incase I ever see this lady's ugly mug working the register at another store where I buy my HPTs, lol.  (And if that actually happens, she better not be pregnant!!!!)

• Some people have no filter. {{hugs}}
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Oh my goodness... I had a similarly clASSy experience at the Dollar Tree as I bought my hpts in bulk. The quite-possible-stoned check out guy looked at all of them and said, "You really want to be sure, don't you?!" Hmph.
  • Too bad its not closer to Halloween. You could have said you are giving them out to trick or treaters instead of candy LOL. That would have shut her up.
  • I also had something similar happen at a Dollar Tree. The lady said I didn't need that many to be sure and if I just laid back after sex and "let it happen" then I would be pregnant in no time.

After 2 losses, IVF #2 brought us our little boys.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Now we're waiting on our miracle baby ... a little GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • seems like the employees at the dollar store all react the same way to someone buying or asking for the HPTs (similar things happened to a friend of mine, and to me yesterday).  Wonder if they have to sit through some video instruction on how to embarrass shoppers buying HPTs :)
  • That is awful!!
    TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I refuse to buy HPTs at the dollar store anymore either. The clerk always talks away to me too and it is so embarrasing! Now I always get them at Target where I can bury them with all the other items I am purchasing.
  • I don't know why but this made me laugh.  Why do people made ridiculous comments to total strangers?  How embarrassing! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imagehollymichael:
    I refuse to buy HPTs at the dollar store anymore either. The clerk always talks away to me too and it is so embarrasing! Now I always get them at Target where I can bury them with all the other items I am purchasing.

Haha, I like buying them at Target too... or at Walmart, where I can use the self-checkout lanes!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"