Toddlers: 24 Months+

PT scares the crap out of me (no pun intended) and I don't wanna do it.

Boo. I haven't officially learned about it or really read up on it, but just reading some of the posts here and the challenges you all have had, it confuses and scares me. I don't want to do it. I'm good with diapers. Seriously, they are easy. I'm not motivated for such a huge PITA time commitment. I suppose that makes me a bad mommy. :( 

DS is getting closer, but I don't think we are in the "have to now" stage. But I'm starting to get questioned and feel bad when I tell people he's not trained (or training) yet. I myself was over 3 and my mom said it was easy then. Deep down, that's my wishful thinking.

I suppose I should get some books. Based on my limited knowledge, the 3 day thing sounds awful to me and NMS. I'm hoping if he is really ready, it will happen naturally, which I'm sure is expecting way too much. So boo to it all. 

Just a random vent. 

(ETA: DS still poops 3-4 times a day, which adds to my stress) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PT scares the crap out of me (no pun intended) and I don't wanna do it.

• Well, if it helps, I felt the same way.  Expected DS to fail miserably at first, never read much about methods, etc.  

We decided to give it a try one weekend and just be casual - if he was ready, we'd continue, if not, we'd give it a few days then pack it up for a few months if he really wasn't ready.  We also said we'd start with just daytime training, and use diapers for naps and sleep and even going out at first.

Yeah right.  DS had literally 2 accidents total.  He decided to self-train for sleep time.  He even poops on the potty without any fuss.  He will stop playing to tell us he wants to go potty.  While in diapers he was soaking through a regular diaper + an overnight toddler diaper and his clothes.  Now he wakes up dry 90% of the time, and the other 10% he's only peed a tiny bit.

So we were LUCKY, and I'm sure he'll have some accidents in the future, but if it helps to know, it is possible for it to go really easily.  We did this when DS was 2.5 y/o BTW.  For us, potty training was one of the easiest things we've done with DS.  Obviously he was very ready and like I said, we were lucky.  So here's hope for you!  GL 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"