How do you know... — The Bump
Nurseries and Baby Gear

How do you know...

How do you know when manufacturers put out new models? For instance, I've been looking at car seats and haven't really fallen for any of them in particular.  I know I have plenty of time but I've just been wondering when I can expect (or how I can find out) new models/patterns etc to come out.

Thanks!

Re: How do you know...

• I'd just call your local baby store.. babies r us, for example, and ask them.  they should know when they're expecting shipments of new stock.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There is a HUGE baby show, called the ABC show, that happens every fall in Vegas. This show is where all the vendors display their new things. Buyers place their first orders at this shower and then the companies normally start shipping about November-January. 

For a lot of companies, you can expect the new items to show up on their websites about October. The new products to show up in stores in around Christmas. Be aware though that not all manufactures are quick to get products out. For example, Peg Perego typically sends out their new colors by late spring of the following year (they are very very very slow).

Hope this helps. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much! We won't know gender until late October and won't be registering until after then so that helps me plan/think.  Especially since we'll probably be buying the carseat, stroller etc ourselves.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards