Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anyone with toddlers?

My son is napping on my chest right now, and my sister (age 3) knows that when he does this I don't like to yell.  My kid will only nap if being held.  So she's running around being a monster, and it's just us three here.  How do you deal with kids like this? I'm running around trying to to tell her to be nice to the dogs, but it's hard, especially since I'm trying to let my son sleep :(

TIA 

Re: Anyone with toddlers?

• Unless shes hurting herself or the dog, I tend to ignore it b/c she is trying to get attention in the wrong way. Instead I ask her to go get me something (a book, diaper, toy, phone, whatever) to distract her from what shes doing. I know how you feel bc DS takes FOREVER to get to sleep each night, so I am holding him basically all night to try to get him down:(
    someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I knew from the start that DS would have to learn to be around/sleep through a lot of noise, with my two girls. They are loud and scream/laugh and run around and my younger one is always getting into things she shouldn't. So I still raise my voice when holding DS while he's nursing or sleeping. He doesn't seem too bothered by it most of the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelily225:
    I knew from the start that DS would have to learn to be around/sleep through a lot of noise, with my two girls. They are loud and scream/laugh and run around and my younger one is always getting into things she shouldn't. So I still raise my voice when holding DS while he's nursing or sleeping. He doesn't seem too bothered by it most of the time.

All of this!

He knows when I am feeding DS that he can get away with a lot.  And he really takes advantage of me when I am pumping.  lol

Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • imagelily225:
    I knew from the start that DS would have to learn to be around/sleep through a lot of noise, with my two girls. They are loud and scream/laugh and run around and my younger one is always getting into things she shouldn't. So I still raise my voice when holding DS while he's nursing or sleeping. He doesn't seem too bothered by it most of the time.

Same here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"