January 2011 Moms
Options

is it rude to decline a shower?

My BFF, my aunt and cousin, my SIL and brother, and SO mom have all offered to throw me a shower. At first I only had 3 offers and thought it was fine because someone would fall through and I would only have 2, but they are all pushing to start the planning and I don't want 4 showers.  I told my bff she didn't have to but she INSISTS, so we agreed it would be small just with our sorority sisters. I don't have that many friends or family here, and neither does SO, so I feel like it would be either strangers or 3 very small showers. I'm not big on being in the spot light, I'm not sure I can sit through all 4. I don't know who to tell "Thanks, but no thanks" or if I should just go with it. What would you do?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: is it rude to decline a shower?

• Options
    If there are enough different people to invite to 4 showers, I would probably just go with it even though it does seem like alot.  If they are small, it shouldn't be too bad. :)
  • Options

imagejune21jbr:
    If there are enough different people to invite to 4 showers, I would probably just go with it even though it does seem like alot.  If they are small, it shouldn't be too bad. :)

I agree with this.

If you don't feel like there are enough people for all four showers, you can ask some people to consolidate.  Maybe do the one for your sorority sisters, one for your side of the family (ask your aunt and cousin and SIL and brother to combine forces?), and one for SO's side of the family (hosted by SO's mom).

Also - I've never had a shower but have heard that smaller ones are always the most fun.

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would go ahead with it, but then again I wish I even had a shower to decline :(
  • Options
    Do any of them know each other well enough to go in together for one? That way they could split the cost and you wouldn't have to feel like you were being so showered that you were being poured on.
    imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageNJBrit:
    I would go ahead with it, but then again I wish I even had a shower to decline :(

Well I would throw you one if I lived closer... hopefully someone will throw you one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageNJBrit:

This!  My friend who just had a baby had like 5 or 6 small showers.  They were all for different groups of people that would have been awkward being all together for a big one.  

Although my manager at work asked me if I am having one or have had one, I explained we probably won't have any.  And DH is supposedly supposed to start working there soon as a 3rd PT job (if they ever get started on the process), so it would be appropriate.  I also wouldn't be surprised if they did a combined shower for the three of us that are pregnant because we are all due within 2 months of each other. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"