Washington Babies

clothes for a long baby

W is too long for a lot of his clothes. He's only 2 months and wearing 3+ month clothes but they are way too baggy and long in the arms and legs.Just short in the crotch. I can't afford to buy all his stuff at Hannah Anderson.

Any suggestions of good kinds of clothes?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: clothes for a long baby

• I have a long skinny boy and I always feel that Carters fit great and he doesn't grow out of them as fast as other brands.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD is the same way!  She started wearing 6 month clothes at 2 months.  Now the 18 month fit her in length, but not girth.  I got some onesie extenders at the B+B sale that I am going to try.  Another thing I discovered is that Carter's fleece PJs run longer than most of the cotton ones.  We have a really hard time with pjs since her CDs are so big.  Gymboree stuff seems to be pretty long as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd get seperates instead of one-piece outfits. That way you can pull the pants up as high or low as you want. And Carters is good for long, skinny kids. Gymboree tends to run wide, and Children's Place is big all over.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I agree.  Carters seems to have a longer fit. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • K is three months old but already wearing Carter's 6 months sleepers, they are the only ones that have long enough legs for her!  They are a little baggy in the tummy, but better than some others I've tried.  We had this problem at 5 weeks too, when she was already in 3 months.  It seems to go in fits and spurts; she gets long and than fills out a bit.

We also do some 3 month shirts and 6 month pants, or 6 month onesies and pants.  Now when I'm picking out clothes I hold up an outfit I know fits her and compare others to it, since the sizes don't always help!

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"