February 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone else feel a "tightening" in their uterus??

I will be 17 weeks tomorrow, but ever since late afternoon I've been feeling this tightening sensation in the middle of my uterus...has anyone felt this way?  I'm still feeling the baby nudging every so often, but it's just uncomfortable and I'm nervous about it. Someone I know suggested I may not have drank enough water and it could be my uterus just stretching, but it's such an unnerving feeling!

Please...anyone have any ideas? Does this warrant a call to the doc? I am a FTM and am new to the board, but from what I can tell you all seem very wonderfully supportive, so I'm hoping for some reassurance! 

Re: Anyone else feel a "tightening" in their uterus??

• Options
    Its probably Braxton Hicks. I get them quite frequently and when I am laying down I can see a pointy bump when they are happening. As long as it isn't painful but just uncomfortable I bet that is what is going on!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i don't have any helpful insight but i do have plenty of support to give!  i hope you find the answers that make you better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had this a ton in the last few weeks. I actually just realized that it seems to be gone for now. If I remember right from last time, it will keep on and off throughout the pregnancy!

Water can't hurt!

• Options
    Thanks, Ladies! It's nice to know I'm not alone, and that I have support! It's hard to know what's normal and what's not, and there really isn't even a "normal" in pregnancy anyway. Your responses put me a little more at ease :) 
  • Options
    I have been feeling the same way all week.  I've found if I wear my bellaband for support it feels a little better.  I've been drinking lots of water and trying to rest when possible (not often when you have 2 kiddos lol).
  • Options
    Sounds like Braxton Hicks to me.  The only thing you can really do is drink lots of water and rest.  Like PP said, they shouldn't be painful, just uncomfortable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"