December 2010 Moms
Options

blue for a girls room?

This is the bedding set that I picked out for my daughter.  I orginally was thinking that we would paint two accent walls close to the blue in the birds on the quilt.  I picked out a paint color but I am now having second thoughts on painting the room blue since she is a girl.  I don't want to do purple or pink so I think my only other option would be yellow.  What do you ladies think?  Would is be wierd to paint a little girls room a robin's egg blue? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: blue for a girls room?

• Options

I think it would be adorable. But I'm an unconventionalist and I hate pink. Wink

That bedding is really cute. If only the pink was purple, I would be all over it. And I would paint my walls the blue. 

• Options
    I think that blue would be perfect, anything but pink is great by my standards. (nothing against people who choose pink its just NMS)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

before we knew we were having a boy, I looked up girls bedrooms to see if i could find any cute blue girly rooms and I found this one at PBK I LOOOOVEEEEDDDD!

sorry I don't know how to paste a pic, so I've included the link.

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/room/rom/romnur/romnurcoc/

• Options

I think a light blue would be pretty :)

Or.. have you thought about a light, sage green? I love pink and green together. And it looks like there is alot of green in that set, in the crib skirt.

• Options
    I think a robin's egg blue or a Tiffany blue would look great.  But if you aren't totally sold on blue since it's a girl, you could also use the green color of the leaves.
  • Options
    I think it will look great. For one thing, you still have the girly pink crib set. And it's a baby blue, not a boy blue. I don't know if that makes any sense. I think it will look great though. And I love that bedding!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies...I think it will all come together in the end.  I just doubted myself for a few minutes.  I plan on using other colors from the bedding as accents but I looked at the paint sample and thought how blue it really was and panicked slightly.
  • Options
    I was planning on doing robin's egg blue if we were having a girl so I think it's a great idea!  With girly accessories and stuff I don't think you need to worry.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options

imagemb1210:
    I think it will look great. For one thing, you still have the girly pink crib set. And it's a baby blue, not a boy blue. I don't know if that makes any sense. I think it will look great though. And I love that bedding!

I thought about the green as well but I really do love the color of the birds and I think it will be pretty.

• Options

imagelaurelannie:
    I'm doing a sky blue/ teal sort of color for our little girl's room. Just one accent wall but it'll still be the only color on the wall besides white. I love it, I think it's calming and perfect especially with a natural sort of theme that you are doing, with the leaves, branches and the birds, I think of the wall color as the sky.

That is a good way to put it!  I like that now I can explain it to the people IRL that say, "blue for a girl?"

• Options

Blue is a lovely colour. Especially since the blanket is mostly pink, I really don't think it'll be too boyish.

You can always chose the green colours from the blanket as well...Like a colour in between the two greens on the leaves would be very pretty. But that blue colour is fresh and  nice. 

• Options
    I think the blue color would be just perfect and bring out the detail in the bedding.  I say go for it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker} image
  • Options
    not weird at all. go for it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagenursedevivo:

before we knew we were having a boy, I looked up girls bedrooms to see if i could find any cute blue girly rooms and I found this one at PBK I LOOOOVEEEEDDDD!

sorry I don't know how to paste a pic, so I've included the link.

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/room/rom/romnur/romnurcoc/

I almost got that same bedding and had plans to paint my little girl's room that same color of teal. I love it and would have done the accents in pink. I think you can do blue as long as you still have the girly accents. The bird one was on my list also! Lol. Great minds think a like I guess.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We're having a girl and her room is blue :) We just have some bursts of pink in there, but I'm trying to stay away from the pink everywhere thing. :) I'm loving it and it's still looking very light and girly.
  • Options
    I think it will look great with blue...think blue for the sky not blue for a boy!
  • Options
    I think blue is perfectly suited for a girl.  I'm not a huge fan of pink, though.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Our little girls room is bright sky blue, and will stay that way, despite my MIL's best efforts to paint it Big Smile.  We're doing a caterpillar/bug's life kinda theme using cheerful primary colors.

I say go with what you like, after all, you  (and the LO of course) are the ones who'll be looking at it most. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"