Parenting
Options

I have an honest question

What are some Wii games 4 YO would like?  Jackson is really into Mario Kart right now (and he's good, haha).  I was thinking of getting a few new ones for him to play due to our impending arrival and my need to have him occupied while I feed the baby or just sit on the couch and contemplate dying from exhaustion.

Or, if you want, you can flame me for letting him play video games.  To add fuel to that fire, I'm thinking about getting him a Nintendo DS for his birthday.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I have an honest question

• Options

DD and DH play the Carnival one together. She's actually pretty good. We only have that and the sports one it comes with.

DD plays games on my phone. I let her do it every day at first, but I really resent it. For me, playing games on a mobile devise is equal to TV. She'll be a complete turd after TV or games. Trust me, after DS was born, she spent many an hour on PBSkids.org. But then I paid for it in her 'tude. So I limit her game play a lot. 

DD 7.28.06 * DS 3.29.10

Christmas 2011
  • Options
    We have Wii Just dance and eleventy billion Lego games. My dudes love them and hell, so does Mamma.

~Lisa
    Mum to Owen and Lucas Daisypath Wedding tickers>
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

**Gasp** Video games!!

**clutches pearls**

Will's getting a DS for Christmas most likely.  As for the Wii, he's really only played Mario Kart (otherwise known as my nemesis) and sports games that came with it.  He loves the bowling game.  

Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.
  • Options

Ooo the Lego games!  Good call.

I'm hesitant on the DS for those reasons, veloelle.  On the other hand, it'd be so easy to take it away.  and put it up high.  and tell him unless he changed his 'tude it was never coming down.  muahahaha!

• Options
    Mariokart, some Diego dinosaur rescue something or other game, baseball, skiing, um-that's pretty much it I guess.  We haven't bought a new game in forever.
    Nathan 7-13-06 ~ Elizabeth 4-12-09 ~ Zachary 8-5-11
  • Options
    Ethan loves his Cars game & he is learning the sports game--right now he likes trying to knock DH off that giant pole in the pool.  I think it's in the Wii Resort games. 
  • Options

imageKapalua:
    Mariokart, some Diego dinosaur rescue something or other game, baseball, skiing, um-that's pretty much it I guess.  We haven't bought a new game in forever.

LOL, kap - this is us.  We have Mario Kart Wii and Wii Sports.  Maybe some other game that came with the Wii.  Something called super smash brothers?  I have no idea; video games aren't my thing.

I do want Super Mario Bros Wii, though.

• Options

We have the Cars MaterNational and Ben really likes that.....there's lots of options for cars/roads/activities and even a story part (like watching a mini-story...he hasn't done that much).  

He also really likes playing Horseshoes on the Resort Sports (I think).  

I love the Lego games idea...may have to check into those for Christmas.   

• Options

We have a Wii but DS really isn't too interested in it.

I do want to talk about the DS though- I am going to get T a DS or a PSP for Christmas, but I can't decide which. I was leaning towards the PSP b/c he can watch movies on it too, but if all you slores are going DS I may too because I am a follower.

• Options

The only reason I was considering the DS was because his neighbor friend has one and they both loooooooooooooove it.

But now you have me thinking maybe a PSP would be better since our DVD player in the car is broken (it's a portable one) and then he could watch movies on something smaller without it being available for Scarlett to watch...

• Options

sheesh E...next thing you know, you will have a TV in his room!

lol

my kids have recently gotten REALLY into rockband.  Taylor sings.  Mitch does the drums and Audrey does guitar....entertainment at its best....seriously.

• Options

Mario Brothers, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Toy Story, Dora and some Bugs Bunny game.

He loves them ALLLLLLLLL

• Options

DS for sure!! Both my girls <3 the ds!!!!!! 

no help on wii games though we dont play ours much 

• Options

I had Alphie, and he was the jam.

• Options

right now my kids just do the wii fit with dh and *sometimes* me Embarrassed because i am an exercise slacker.

and tonight they had a frozen pizza and now they are outta my azz and in bed.  i wanted to be sure to cover ALL honest questions in just one post.

Patty Matt 4/7/05 and Sean 12/14/06 image
  • Options

OMG, cny!  LOL!

Awesome.

• Options
    no flames Giada has a Wii, just got a Leapster Explorer for her bday and is getting a DSI for Christmas! She loves her Dora game for the Wii but I would bet Jackson will not like that one:)
  • Options
    imagecnybride2be:

and tonight they had a frozen pizza and now they are outta my azz and in bed.  i wanted to be sure to cover ALL honest questions in just one post.

Um, you didn't tell us if you had sex or not.   :)

DD and I "exercise" with the Wii Fit Plus before bed most nights.  It's how I get her to clean up and get ready for bed somewhat cooperatively.  I don't know if she's coordinated enough to play games that require her to use the controller... haven't tried that hard, since she's happy with the games on the Fit. I might get some Lego games for DH though.

• Options
    imageeclaires:

I do want Super Mario Bros Wii, though.

we have this.....DH gets a little too competitive, though.  I can't let DS play with him.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"