Parenting after 35

Aleve, NSAIDs question

I generally don't take these but have been taking Aleve regularly for the past 3 or 4 days due to some swelling and I have noticed a decrease in appetite. I'm not complaining, mind you, I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this while taking Aleve or some other NSAID.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Aleve, NSAIDs question

• Honestly I never noticed. But maybe I should start if it decreases appetite, I could use all the help I could getWink jk
  • imageKD288:
    Honestly I never noticed. But maybe I should start if it decreases appetite, I could use all the help I could getWink jk

I know, huh.. I mean, "ow, my....ummmm..... elbow hurts..."

• Loading the player...
  • it is not a common side effect (i used to sell a product combined with naproxen)... might be totally unrelated and just a fluke... either way i guess it's good, huh? :)
  • Not to be an alarmist... but I had a boyfriend that took Aleve regularly for a knee injury for about a week.  Unfortunately, while I don't think its a common side effect, it ended up eating a hole in his stomach lining and he ended up with internal bleeding.  So please, if you are taking it a lot, be CAREFUL!  His symptoms were weakness, loss of appetite and very dark stools.  I hope I'm not scaring you, but please be careful.  His doctor at the ER said he sees that more than people think and the docs feeling was that the warnings are not clear enough or strong enough.  Hope I didn't ruin your day!!    
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageGoldie_Locks_5:
    it is not a common side effect (i used to sell a product combined with naproxen)... might be totally unrelated and just a fluke... either way i guess it's good, huh? :)

Thank you. This is exactly the info I was looking for. Yeah, the decrease in appetite was kind of nice. :o) I'll take all the diet help I can get!

• imageracampbell1:
    Not to be an alarmist... but I had a boyfriend that took Aleve regularly for a knee injury for about a week.  Unfortunately, while I don't think its a common side effect, it ended up eating a hole in his stomach lining and he ended up with internal bleeding.  So please, if you are taking it a lot, be CAREFUL!  His symptoms were weakness, loss of appetite and very dark stools.  I hope I'm not scaring you, but please be careful.  His doctor at the ER said he sees that more than people think and the docs feeling was that the warnings are not clear enough or strong enough.  Hope I didn't ruin your day!!    

Nope you didn't ruin my day and thank you for the warning. I am pretty careful and drink lots of water. I haven't taken any since last night and think I am past the worst of the swelling, so I haven't taken any more. I haven't noticed any of the other symptoms and rarely take it, but I will be extra careful in the future. I hope your friend was OK.

One of my friend's mom died of cancer caused by long term Advil use, so I am pretty leery of most pain pills.

Thanks again for your post.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"