Success after IF

Having a rough night

I pulled a muscle yesterday picking Paige up to change her diaper.  It started as pretty mild pain, but turned awful last night and couldn't sleep at all.  

Today, I took her to MDO and picked her up, but had to call my mom to come take her for the night because I could barely stand.  I am about to take a muscle relaxer (one that is safe during pregnancy!) and just sleep.

I am really getting sad about how limited I am in this pregnancy.  I miss chasing my daughter around.  I miss being able to go to the park or pool on a whim.  Now, I have to call and find a helper, then sit on the bench and watch them play : (  It breaks my heart.  

I am so thankful to be pregnant and DH and I are thrilled that Paige will be getting 2 little brothers. And I know we are getting close.  I mean, how blessed are we??  This is just so, so hard.

I am so sad right now.  I miss my little girl.  I wish I could have taken care of her tonight (DH is in class until 10, so it really wasn't an option).

Thanks for listening and sorry this was so long. 

DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Having a rough night

• ((((HUGS))))   I am sorry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Awww hun, I'm so sorry to hear you pulled something.  I know you miss her, but this is to make Mama better!

I keep telling myself this because right now, I'm lacking energy (and am always sick)- Paige understands.  Paige will understand.  Paige loves spending time with her grandma.  She'll be THRILLED to see you tomorrow when you pick her up and you'll be a better mommy for taking this time to yourself to heal.

Ella spent quite a bit of the summer with my mom (who is a teacher and doesn't work during the summer) and I felt guilty through it all.  But I know it was for the best.  She gets all kinds of interaction and goes to the playground, goes swimming, etc, stuff that I've been way too exhausted and sick to do.

This is only temporary and our toddlers will be FINE:)  ((HUGS)), feel better, I hope you get some sleep.

Ella- 8/22/08, Jules and Tuck- 12/15/10
  • Loading the player...
  • That's so sad and painful and awful!  I hope your back heals soon.  There's nothing worse than back pain and spasms.  Feel better soon! 
  • If it helps any at all she will NOT remember any of this.

I know that you notice a difference but as long as you try your hardest to smile even when you're telling her you can't lift her, etc she's gonna come thru this just fine.

After a while my avoiding lifting Dylan became normal to him and he just went to Dad instead.  It broke my heart and I thought that he would forever go to Dad for such things but as soon as I was able to lift him, get in the floor with him, etc it was like no time had passed since I'd done it last.  

Guilt is useless (but totally normal).

I promise this is all worth it and then some!

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • So sorry - it's so difficult to struggle with pregnancy when you feel so blessed to be pregnant, but we all understand. And you are carrying two, so you get even more of a pass! Take care of yourself - soon enough you'll have those beautiful boys to share with Paige. :)

I hope you feel better soon and get some good quality sleep!

• I hope the muscle relaxer works and you get some relief.  Even if your time with Paige right now is spent in bed snuggling, reading books, watching tv, and playing she won't care and you'll be getting the rest you need.

Clomid M/C 8 weeks 2/08 *IVF #1-DD born 3/09
    *Surprise BFP-T18 baby lost at 13w 1/10 *FET #1-DS born 2/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Hope it gets better for you soon : )
    Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • Hey there! I am so sorry. This is frustrating. Paige will not however remember you not interacting with her as much as you want. She will love having little brothers. This is a stressful time, and you are getting to the end! Hang in there lady!
  • I'm so sorry -- I've been exactly there, and it sucks.  The only thing I can say is that very soon you'll be back to tossing her up in the air, AND you'll have two beautiful little boys as well. 
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • I am so sorry! :( You have every right to be sad. You are getting so close though!

• Im so sorry.  I can't imagine how hard that is.  I would a wreck if I physically couldn't take care of my girls.  Hang in there, its ALL worth it when you bring those two sweet little boys home. 

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• I totally understand how upset you are.  I am so sorry.  It sucks.  :(

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • You and I are really close in our pregnancies.  I cannot imagine doing this with another child.  It would be even more exhausting and physically painful if I had to take care of a child all day. 

Take care of yourself and rest.  I know it is not what you want to be doing right now.  (((((HUGS)))))  I am sure your daughter thinks you are the best mommy in the world!!!

DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • Thank you girls so much!! I am feeling better (after 4 popsicles!!) and know that everything is going to be fine.
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hugs lady. I hope you feel better soon!
    Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • ((hugs)) 

I hope your back feels better soon.    

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ugh...you poor thing!  I absolutely know how you are feeling and it's terrible.  I can't imagine what it must feel like carrying around 2 babies. 

Be so careful with your back.  I've had horrible back problems for a couple months now and it's so awful.  It's practically impossible to give it the rest it needs while chasing around a little one, but you did the right thing having Paige go to your mom's.  You've still got some cookin' to do!! 

Anyway, just know you are not alone in this.  It sucks so badly and I know how hard it is to balance a LO while trying to take care of the ones cookin'!  

• I can only imagine how hard that is for you.  I'm sure you want to cherish these last days of Paige as an only child and it's got to be so difficult to not be able to do as much as you'd like.  But she is fine - she's not upset with you and probably enjoys spending time with grandma.  So try not to worry about her.  Big hugs to you.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • Can I just say - you should not feel guilty at all. I know that's so much easier said than done but I know how it feels to be laid up. This is such a finite moment in time, she'll never remember it (which is sad in its own respect, no!? LOL).

Take the help and try to get better mama!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"