Trouble TTC
Options

Update: Initial Consultation - I don't know what to think...

It was only supposed to take 20 minutes, but it went for an hour and 15 minutes.  We had quite a few tests to go over because my obgyn was pretty proactive with testing. 

The Good News: He isn't going to re-do many of my recent tests and procedures.  The only tests I need to have done are FSH, LH, Progesterone and TSH.  Also, he said everything looks normal and he sees no obvious reason why we can't get pregnant.

The 'Iffy' News: Even though I'm ovulating on my own, he agrees with my obgyn that I should have been doing a 3 cycle trial on Clomid (I did one and decided to wait until I was in with an R.E. before finishing the last two cycles).  He wants to stimulate approximately 3 follicles a cycle so my chances are higher of conceiving... I'm not sure what to think.  I hated the side-effects of Clomid. 

His plan for us is to do 3 cycles of Clomid (monitoring blood work, but just using OPKs, no ultrasounds) and then, if we are still not pregnant in three months, we will go see him again in December to discuss our options.  He does not think I'm a candidate at this time for IUI.

Sorry about the length of this post.  I guess I'm back to playing the waiting game again...

TTC since August 2009
June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
Baby Sweets born on her due date!

Re: Update: Initial Consultation - I don't know what to think...

• Options

I'm sorry you're still up in the air - that's so frustrating!  But you do have a bit of a plan so that's good.  I don't understand the monitoring with just b/w and no u/s but it's better than nothing.  At least from your b/w you'll have an idea of where your follies are.

Why doesn't he think you are a candidate for IUI?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Regarding clomid, did you discuss the s/e issues with your RE?  I am sorry that your RE is wanting you to do more clomid cycles when you were having bad s/e from it.

Did your RE think you were not a candidate for IUI because of the endo?  My RE said that IUI doesn't increase chances in women with endo unless you are dealing with a CM issues or MFI issues.

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagegymnst1013:

I'm sorry you're still up in the air - that's so frustrating!  But you do have a bit of a plan so that's good.  I don't understand the monitoring with just b/w and no u/s but it's better than nothing.  At least from your b/w you'll have an idea of where your follies are.

Why doesn't he think you are a candidate for IUI?

I'm a little put off that he isn't doing ultrasounds... but you're right, I guess it's better than nothing.

He doesn't think we should move to IUI because we haven't been trying long enough and there are no obvious physical problems causing infertility.  He likes to see a couple try for at least 16 cycles (three with Clomid) before moving to IUI. 

It's good news.  I'll cross my fingers that all we need is 'da' extra boost' (I kid, I kid).

TTC since August 2009
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
  • Options
    imageSTL34:

Regarding clomid, did you discuss the s/e issues with your RE?  I am sorry that your RE is wanting you to do more clomid cycles when you were having bad s/e from it.

Did your RE think you were not a candidate for IUI because of the endo?  My RE said that IUI doesn't increase chances in women with endo unless you are dealing with a CM issues or MFI issues.

I mentioned that I was nervous about the potential side effects and not having periodic ultrasounds.  He said the blood work should tell him what he needs to know. 

I brought up the possibility of thinning lining.  He said from my prior USnds (I used to get them every 4 - 6 weeks) he could see my lining was very healthy and he isn't concerned about it.  This was the only thing that really worried me. 

TTC since August 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"