How to clean helmet? — The Bump
Multiples

How to clean helmet?

Hey ladies, How do yall clean your DOC bands? I am currently using rubbing alcohol and it's doing no good. Oliver sweats so much at night, it's starting to even make his head smell. Any tips?

Re: How to clean helmet?

• They told me the only thing that I could use was alcohol pads.  It didn't ever smell good.  I just bathed him once a day and washed his head 2-3xday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Visit our blog at www.benandkarisjourneytoparenthood.blogspot.com
  • I wiped it out with alcohol every night.  Towards the end I would wash it out with dish soap once a week.  I just made sure I got all the soap out and it was fully dry before putting it back on.  I was getting desperate, it stunk so much!  Didn't hurt it at all. 

Do you give him a bath every night? 

Good luck. 

• We were told only to use rubbing alcohol on the helmet.  They recommended leaving the helmet in the sun for an hour to help with the smell.  We found that works.  DS sweats alot as well.  We have also been really good about giving him a bath every day and washing his hair and head.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards