Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Carseat help!!

I love how it's so easy to just carry DS around when he's asleep in his carseat, (we can go shopping, we can go out to a restaurant, etc.) without disturbing him!  

But DS is getting too long in height to fit in his carseat (but not weight wise, he's 20 lbs., carseat can hold up to 35 lb.)

Should I keep him in there because he's not over the weight limit? It's seems like the most convenient thing, but maybe not the safest (?) 

We have a convertible carseat ready to use, but it seems like a pain to take him out of there while he's sleeping, just to wake him up.

Any suggestions? TIA.. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Carseat help!!

• DD's 20 lbs as well and we've already switched over. Only because I was starting to get back pain from carrying the carseat and we didn't want to deal with having to remember to move the seat to the other car if we decided to just leave the seat in the base.  Sure it does suck if DD falls asleep but it's not the end of the world and we usually make sure we're home before it's naptime anyways.  She definitely loves being able to see out the windows so that's a plus.

I would say if you still have zero problems using the infant seat keep using it.  I don't think it's a big deal if DS's feet touch the backseat.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If he is past the Height limit then he needs to be moved to the convertible car seat.  Otherwise he's totally safe in the other one.
  • Loading the player...
  • feet are no problem. But he needs to have one inch of carseat above his head. If he doesnt then he has outgrown it even if hes under the seats length limit.
    - Jena
  • We moved over early because DD's feet hung over and we were also getting back pain. I think it has ended up being easier for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • imagejen5/03:
    feet are no problem. But he needs to have one inch of carseat above his head. If he doesnt then he has outgrown it even if hes under the seats length limit.

This.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"