1st Trimester

Spotting at 7 weeks?!

This my very first pregnancy, so I'm sure I'm just freaking out, but I am almost 7 weeks along and I just started having brownish spotting last night.  I'm not sure whether this is normal or if I really should be worried.  I went ahead and called my Doctor and he penciled me in for 8:30 tomorrow morning for my first sonogram and blood test, but I'm a nervous wreck!  Is this something to be worried about or does it happen to a lot of women? 

Re: Spotting at 7 weeks?!

• As long as your are not having cramping I am sure everything is fine. If you search through this board you will see that there are a lot of spotting questions.  Also, the fact that it was brown tells you that it is old blood. 

During my u/s they saw little blood spots where the LO had burrowed in. It was where blood had collected. I don't remember what they called it but this can also be a source of bleeding my Dr said. If you have an u/s tomorrow they would see if this is the case. I know there are also a few different causes but this was mine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I truely hope this isn't goona happen to you... but i had woke up one morning at 7 weeks along and began spotting brown too. I was freaking out so called the dr. and they said brown is good just keep an eye on it. Well later on at about 7 p.m i began to bleed red not brown and freaked out. Went to the er and as i was waiting began to cramp bad and bleed worse... i knew wat was happenening. I lost the baby that night and it was awful. I don't want this to happen to you but i just thought i would share that... oh and er i waited for 3 hours in the waiting room... was HORRIBLE! i literally would have paid 500 dollars for an ambulance than go through that again. I hope all goes well and everything ends up being ok. If not, just stay strong and keep trying me and my husband did and now i am 8 weeks pregnant so chin up and good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was spotting (quite a bit, actually) around 7 weeks with my first pregnancy.  As you can see from my siggy, the baby is fine.  :)

It does happen to a lot of women.  My doctor's office told me not to be too concerned, unless the blood is red and you start soaking a pad.   If it's brown, it's probably old blood from implantation. 

"Cool as Hell like e-mail, but still timeless like a letter."
  • I had brown that quickly turned to pink, no cramping. I lost the baby 2 weeks later. Cramping started after it had died (confirmed by U/S).

You did the best you can do -- get in for a U/S and see what's up. Most likely you're OK if it's just brown.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had the same thing about a week ago. Brown blood, no cramping. I freaked out and called the doctor. They weren't concerned because I wasn't cramping. I went in for an u/s the next day and everything was fine. If you have had sex lately, that could be the cause or it could be implantation. I have some cells that are growing on the outside of my cervix that bleed a little after sex (sorry if TMI). I also had another u/s today and everything was fine and the baby's growth is right on track. It seems like a lot of women have some spotting in the beginning and they go on to have healthy babies. I have some friends who went through the same thing and their babies are great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have had a lot of spotting issues, brown at times , red at other times and passed a clot with no cramping. I went in at 7 weeks everything was fine with the baby just a sub chorionic bleed. I am just starting to stop spotting brown which has been going on for a week. Just monitor everything and call your doctor if anything changes. It is frustrating but just try to keep positive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"