March 2011 Moms

Blood test results: Antibody E +

Doctor gave me my blood test results and noted that I tested positive for antibody E. She said that it's nothing to be concerned about but that I would need to have my blood drawn again at my next appointment in 4 weeks to monitor the titer level. Has anyone else tested positive for this and have any more information they could share with me?
BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Blood test results: Antibody E +

• I have this too.  Somewhere along the line you were exposed to somebody's blood who is E+ and you are probably E-. Your body built up antibodies against it. The Dr will test how big those antibody responses are at your next appt.

For me, DH had to come in and get his E type checked. He was E- too so there is no chance that our children will elicit an E immune response. This is very similar to RH-/RH+ stuff except there is no Rhogam shot for it.

Page me if you have more ?s  -I've had to explain it to DH several times :) 

• Loading the player...
  • imageMagical95:

never heard of it, but found this- https://www.babyzone.com/askanexpert/pregnancy-anti-e-antibody 

Thanks so much for the link! There's not alot of what looks like reliable information out there and this is one of the better ones.

• imagestacylu:

I have this too.  Somewhere along the line you were exposed to somebody's blood who is E+ and you are probably E-. Your body built up antibodies against it. The Dr will test how big those antibody responses are at your next appt.

For me, DH had to come in and get his E type checked. He was E- too so there is no chance that our children will elicit an E immune response. This is very similar to RH-/RH+ stuff except there is no Rhogam shot for it.

Page me if you have more ?s  -I've had to explain it to DH several times :) 

Thanks so much for your reply. I might just take you up on your offer and send you a personal message if I have more questions. Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"