Trying to Get Pregnant

Dinner time.. Poll

I am currently waiting for dinner to come out of the oven and it has me thinking.

Is there anything that our Mom/Dad/ whoever made most of your meals, made when you were younger that you hated then but find yourself making now??

I think for me it was steak, my Dad loved steak and my Mom would make it like 3 times a week! I hated it then but find myself making it now because DH loves it and he's turned me into a steak lover too. I look back now and think about how lucky I was to have steak 3 times a week and how stupid I am for complaining. Especially because there were kids who couldn't afford it and I was lucky enough to have it.

So, is there anything you used to hate eating but love now?? Or the other way around?

11/05/10 - Found out I had PCOS 11/08/10- Started Provera to get AF 11/20/10 - AF!! 11/24/10 - Start 50 mg Clomid Received blood work back to determine no ovulation occurred :( 12/20/10 - Met with RE 12/21/10 - Started Metformin 03/10/11 - Started Clomid 50 mg Still no ovulation 4/20/11- Started another round of 50 mg Clomid No Sign of Ovulation 5/20/11- Last round of 50 mg Clomid No signs of ovulation 6/20/11 - Dieted and lost 20 pounds and decided to take a mental break from the baby making. Contacted a new RE 9/21/11 - Started First Round of 100 mg Clomid 10/3/11 - Ultra Sound showed Clomid worked! Received trigger shot 10/4/11- IUI scheduled. FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Re: Dinner time.. Poll

• Brussell sprouts, rice and gravy (not all together, of course).

I still cannot stand meatloaf. 

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • I second the Brussell sprouts motion. My mom made them all the time and they stunk up the whole house.

But now, I love them. I actually steam them, chop them up in the food processor and add butter and parmesean cheese. So yummy.

• Loading the player...
  • imagekerrbear72:

Brussell sprouts, rice and gravy (not all together, of course).

I still cannot stand meatloaf

Meatloaf is my thing.  My mom used to make it a lot and it was okay, but I was never excited on meatloaf night.  When we got married, I asked for the recipe, mostly because MH said he didn't like it because it was too "bready" and I was bound to prove him wrong.  I'm not sure if I make it different or what, but it is amazing!  Kerr, you should try mine, it's really good.

• I was not a soup fan when I was younger, but I make it a lot now because it is easy, made in one pot, and cheap!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebusybeegirl1976:

I second the Brussell sprouts motion. My mom made them all the time and they stunk up the whole house.

But now, I love them. I actually steam them, chop them up in the food processor and add butter and parmesean cheese. So yummy.

To a chunky mashed potato type consistency?

I think that sounds freaking awesome. 

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • imagekerrbear72:
    imagebusybeegirl1976:

I second the Brussell sprouts motion. My mom made them all the time and they stunk up the whole house.

To a chunky mashed potato type consistency?

I think that sounds freaking awesome. 

I second that! That sounds delicious!

11/05/10 - Found out I had PCOS 11/08/10- Started Provera to get AF 11/20/10 - AF!! 11/24/10 - Start 50 mg Clomid Received blood work back to determine no ovulation occurred :( 12/20/10 - Met with RE 12/21/10 - Started Metformin 03/10/11 - Started Clomid 50 mg Still no ovulation 4/20/11- Started another round of 50 mg Clomid No Sign of Ovulation 5/20/11- Last round of 50 mg Clomid No signs of ovulation 6/20/11 - Dieted and lost 20 pounds and decided to take a mental break from the baby making. Contacted a new RE 9/21/11 - Started First Round of 100 mg Clomid 10/3/11 - Ultra Sound showed Clomid worked! Received trigger shot 10/4/11- IUI scheduled. FINGERS CROSSED!!!
  • I hated chili because my mom always warmed it up out of a can. The first time my husband made homemade chili, I turned up my nose at it but after trying it, I love it. I might ask him to make it later this week even if it is still 90 degrees out!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Stuffed peppers :) I did not like them much as a child, but last week I made them... lol

• Spaghetti.  My mom made it with ground beef and some weird, salty, out of the jar sauce.  I made it for them over the summer with Italian sausage, lots of peppers and onions, and homemade sauce, and my mom begged for the recipe!   I gladly handed it over.
  • Pretty much everything - I was such a picky kid. Now I try anything and usually end up liking it. The one thing I didn't end up liking was the fried grub I had in Thailand this summer. Won't be doing that one again!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Well, not really anything that I didn't eat and now do, but things that I make better and like more now. Steak (I season mine more), spaghetti, tacos especially (I like mine much more spicy).

I had to eat chicken in cheddar cheese and breading that made me gag, and chicken breasts cookied in cream of chicken soup GROSS!!

I'm a bird.
  • I have never brussel sprouts. hahaha

I ate everything when I was little.  My hubby's list would be a mile long.

I will say that I do not eat tuna anymore but that was because of an illness that had me burping it up all night but if it is overly mayonasied from a deli sometimes i will eat it.  I also did not like chilli for awhile because of an illness and i definitely like how we make chilli better than my parents do.

his mom's food is very very plain.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Meatloaf too! I hated my mom's meatloaf so much growing up, she'd make me sit at the table until I cleaned my plate. So when she wasn't watching I'd stuff it under my plate and smash it. Luckily my older sisters cleaned up dinner and never ratted me out! Angel

Now I love my mom's meatloaf! I live in KS and she lives in OK and every time I go down for a visit I ask her to make it for me, with her famous mashed potatoes. It's more like a casserole than a loaf I'd say-but same idea. Man that sounds so good right now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"