Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Younger babies--how do you feed them?

My DD has been on finger foods only (no purees) for two weeks. When I feed her, I put one piece of food on her tray, she eats it, then I put another, so on.

Do you feed your LO like this or do you put all the food on their tray at once?

I find that it is not so messy this way as she's not distracted by all the food in front of her, rather she's concentrating on eating the one piece I give her.

I don't know when I should start offering her all the food at once, though.

Re: Younger babies--how do you feed them?

• I started by doing what you are doing, but now Hunter is good at taking one thing at a time, so I put several pieces of food on his tray.
  • I have to limit how much he gets at a time because he'll try to cram it all into his mouth.  I'll put a few pieces out but keep the rest out of his reach.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I always put out most of her food at once.  She made a mess at first but it seemed like she ate way less at that point too.

Now she takes only what she can eat and if I give her a slice of food (quesadilla, toast, pancake) she will hold it and bite off the bit she wants.

If only there was an easy way to let her eat a while piece of fruit!  She would rather not eat it cut up so she steals mine!!

• I put quite a bit on his tray at once but then I have to watch him closely otherwise he'll take more before he's done with what's in his mouth. If I give him one piece at a time he gets grumpy. I don't mind the mess too much though. It's more fun to watch him pick through different pieces of food to eat what he wants (lately he's been taking what he doesn't want to eat and placing it in the cup holder part of his tray).

imageimage

• I can only put two max. on Georgia's tray, otherwise she'll put waaaay too much n her mouth and choke.

Feeding herself is such a thrill she gets a bit over eager :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"