Eco-Friendly Family

factual info on listeria risks re: deli meat in pg?

i have a friend 8 weeks pg with her first, just had her first appt and they told her no deli meat at all even warmed, but she said it seemed like the lady thought even non-pg people shouldn't eat it because of lack of nutritional value.  anyway i'd like to give her some factual info on both sides so she can make her own decisions etc.  anyone have some good links?
my cool cat - er, bunny!

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
my bfp chart!
our hippy baby blog

Re: factual info on listeria risks re: deli meat in pg?

• Ours said wwarm for 10-15 secs.  But umm yea I might be guilty of not.
    47 months &
    11 months
  • If you give me your email address I can send you a research paper and powerpoint presentation on Listeria.
    photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagegoodgalpal:
    If you give me your email address I can send you a research paper and powerpoint presentation on Listeria.

thanks!  it's lytedark at gmail

yeah i may have avoided for most of 1st tri but that was it.  it seemed like such a low risk.  but i also ate raw sushi from my usual place and feta/goat cheeses so i guess i'm more of a 'in moderation' sort myself.  but i'd rather be able to give her facts so she can decide on her own ya know?

my cool cat - er, bunny!

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    my bfp chart!
    our hippy baby blog

• My OB couldn't care less if I ate deli meat OR if I warmed it up. (Jimmy Johns turkey was one of the few things I could keep down in the beginning).

His opinion was that I had a better chance of getting ran over in his parking lot than actually contracting listeria. He said something like, it's only a few hundred a year and less than 30% are preggos.

Sorry, that's not as well-sourced as I'd like when giving the info to other people. 

Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
    Adrienne has read 16 books toward her goal of 80 books.
    hide
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagelittleanomaly:

My OB couldn't care less if I ate deli meat OR if I warmed it up. (Jimmy Johns turkey was one of the few things I could keep down in the beginning).

His opinion was that I had a better chance of getting ran over in his parking lot than actually contracting listeria. He said something like, it's only a few hundred a year and less than 30% are preggos.

Sorry, that's not as well-sourced as I'd like when giving the info to other people. 

I don't have any sources either but this is how my doctor felt too. He  told me that if it wasn't green / moldy and didn't smell weird then it was fine. But, like you, I'm an in moderation kind of girl.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"