Georgia Babies
Options

Backup for Flip Videos

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to backup your Flip videos? I use the flip sharing and my computer recently crashed. Right before crashing I was unable to open the flip sharing. I thought there was a log in and you would just be able to see your videos on another computer but that is not the case. I contacted Flip and they said they don't recommend a specific backup but that I need to have one. Just wondering what you ladies do to backup your flip videos. I have lost a ton of stuff including Ava's first step. It is on facebook and I am hoping some how I can retrieve them via facebook but I am bummed!!
photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Backup for Flip Videos

• Options

we are so bad about backing stuff up.  the plan is to put on hard drive, external drive, AND burn to dvd, but we have never done the last part and rarely do the 2nd part.  

but, that is what i'd probably advise b/c i don't know of an easier way, so i'll be stalking your responses :) 

• Options

We tried the external drive but it didn't work.  I may need to put them in a file other than flip share prior to putting them on the external drive.

photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrs. Theobald:

We tried the external drive but it didn't work.  I may need to put them in a file other than flip share prior to putting them on the external drive.

That's weird- we store all of our pictures and videos on an external drive and I don't remember having to change the file type, but maybe DH did those?  I also store all of our stuff on thumb drives + photobucket (probably about to switch to Picasa though).  Since losing that thumb drive last year, I've become a little crazed about backing up our stuff. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"