Baby Names
Options

Ladies...I need your ideas...Stat!

My DH and I somehow have completely different ideas about what to name our second daughter...we had ZERO trouble agreeing on the first....all of a sudden he only likes names that I feel are VERY matronly....I won't list them as to not insult....here's a list names I like....any other suggestions?

Finley

Erin

Quinn

Delaney

Cecily

Carrigan

Casey

Kennedy

Re: Ladies...I need your ideas...Stat!

• Options
    I like Quinn, Delaney, and Cecily.  But don't you have to take your DH's ideas into consideration too?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options
    I'm curious of your husands choices.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm curious of your husands choices.
  • Options
    Can you use your DH's suggestions as a mn? I wouldn't completely blow off his ideas.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

To clarify...I won't be picking a name he doesn't like...I was just providing a list of the ones I do like to see if anyone had OTHER ideas that I could share with him that maybe we would BOTH like...

Well, since you asked...He likes Moira, Nora, and Lillith

• Options
    I LOVE Nora, and although I don't like Lillith, I like Lillian.  I see that Charlotte is your first daughters name and that seems to be the "style" of names that your husband goes towards. Classic, pretty names. The ones you listed aren't bad but they seem more "trendy."
  • Options
    I like Erin, Quinn and Cecily.
  • Options

Cecily is pretty. Erin is fine. The rest are terrible, particularly Finley (not a girl's name, and a pretty bad boy's name0, Kennedy, and Delaney.

Cecily is probably the one your husband would go for, since I think your husband and I have the same style -- I love all his suggested names! 

• Options
    I only like Cecily - the other names are way too trendy for my taste (except maybe Erin, which is more 80s to me).
  • Options

I love most of your choices. My favorite is Carrigan, love that name. Also like Casey, Erin and Quinn, but maybe more for middle names.

I don't like Kennedy at all. Cecily and Delaney are ok. Finley is too trendy.

• Options

imagefeffy11:
    Suggestions? How about Amy, Bridget, Brynn, Belle, Diana, Danica, Etta, Gina, Gwen/Gwyneth/Gwendolyn, Jade, Keira, Leah, Miranda, Mia, Paige, Reese, Rose, Sage, Sophie, Summer, Tracy?

LOVE these bolded suggestions. Rosalie is actually our girl name we like!

• Options

I like Erin the most from your list.  The others are NMS. 

From your DH's list I like Nora. 

Have you tried putting the names into www.nymbler.com?  It will give you alternatives that match your naming style.

• Options

Cecily would be my favorite name on your list. I think it's a lovely name. Erin is the next best name.

I also love Eden, which isn't on your list, but somewhere along the lines of your Erin...

Other names:

Celina

Celeste

Jaclyn

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options

I love Delaney with the nn of Laney--would he go for that?

Out of your husband's names I like Nora.

How about:

Maeve

Brynn

Corrine

Amelia

Katherine--I knwo sisters who are Kate and Caroline.

• Options
    I like Quinn, Delaney and Cecily
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageladyg8r96:

Finley

Erin

Quinn

Delaney

Cecily

Carrigan

Casey

Kennedy

The names I put in bold remind me of a boy. I would not picture a little girl if I heard these names. I like Cecila (not so much Cecily) and I love Maura!!

Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Love

Erin
    Quinn
    Delaney
    Cecily

Finley
    Casey
    Kennedy

Dislike

Carrigan. But I like Kerry. Does that help? 

• Options
    I love Nora
    M/C 04-1999 Missed M/C 04-20-2005 M/C 11-09-2006 DD - Sable Ren
  • Options

names that were on my list:

Elizabeth (obviously), Vivienne, Noelle, Cora, Lila

I also had Anna and Jane, but seeing as you like more modern names I though Anna and Jane might be a bit boring for you. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"