Success after IF

Anyone have an x-ray while on stims for ivf?

Long story short. I had pneumonia and the flu which started about a month ago.  After a round of antibiotics and over a week off of work I was feeling much improved and decided to go ahead with stims for an ivf cycle. I took a zpack at the start of stims, and figured based on what my dr. said I'd be 100% by ER/ET.

Well of course I am now hearing odd sounds coming from my lungs, and still coughing a ton at night.  Seriously have to prop myself up to fall asleep.  And I still can't run/jog without gasping for air.  And I am hoarse, and still super tired. 

Of course I decided to consult dr. google last night and whipped myself into a frenzy about what could be going on.  So I am heading to my primary doctor in the morning just to make sure I am getting better and not worse/something else.  I am worried she's going to want to take a chest x-ray.  I am inclined to ask her not to, but worried that she won't be able to diagnose me without it.  Thoughts?

And sorry if I sound like I've lost my effing mind.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone have an x-ray while on stims for ivf?

• well, they have lead aprons/mats for your ovarian/lap area, so I would just make SURE they are super careful about covering you up as much as possible.

It's "record bad" season for allergies, I don't usually get hayfever'y stuff most years, but this year it's insane. Perhaps it's just aggrivating something not so serious?

I hope things get better and plans go off sans hitch !

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Man, I hope it is just allergies. But I had a pretty "awesome" pneumonia infection in my left lung when she x-rayed me a month ago.  So of course now I'm convinced I'm dying ;-)  Whoa is me. 

• Loading the player...
  • those pneumonias are no joke - they can be/get serious. I think if she thinks you're ok until ER, I'd wait, but I'm paranoid like that. But don't play around with lung stuff. blech!
    Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • I was on the verge of pneumonia when I was pregnant. The doc said to me, "if we have to do an xray we will heavily shield you. It is more important if you need it that you get it". They won't order it if you don't really really need it. I would not hesitate if it was ordered for me. Good luck
  • Wanted to add. Have you asked about whooping cough on top of the pneumonia? Might be something to bring up
  • Pam, it totally could be whooping cough. But of course I'm really worried that it's pulmonary edema.  I have high blood pressure, and had hellp and pre-e with my pregnancy, and my left kidney is not the greatest, so of course after a consult with dr. google i'm convinced that's what it is ;-) And I really can hear fluid in my lungs now when I inhale before I cough, actually, I can "feel" it sort of bubbling if that makes sense in the lower and middle parts of my lungs.  And I've been feeling twinges from my left kidney on and off too.  But I guess those twinges could be ovarian pain as well as anything else.  I had what seemed like an allergic reaction, or another cold kick in last week a couple of days after starting stims.  Ugh...I have been a pretty healthy person my entire life, of course I'd fill up with crude before an out of pocked ivf cycle....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"