Pregnant after a Loss

crap!!!! (low progesterone)

I've been on progesterone suppositories since my trigger a looooong time ago.  I weaned off and had my progesterone tested today and it was 14.8.  They want it at 15.  So, I have to keep taking them and go back in a week to re-check.  Problem is, I'll be laying on a surgical table then getting cut open.

At what point does the placenta take over and prog is not monitored?  I feel like I should know this.

Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: crap!!!! (low progesterone)

• I thought it took over between 10-12 weeks? I came off my progesterone at 12 weeks, though the doctor said I could stop at just over 10.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That sucks!

Once you hit 2nd tri your body won't depend on the hormones anymore.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies.  I'm pretty bummed.  I stopped them at 10 weeks with the twins and was hoping for the same, I guess.
    Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
    Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
    DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
    Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My RE told me today that usually the placenta takes over around 8 weeks. She was going to have me stop my progesterone supps at 9 weeks. And I've read it can be anywhere between 8-12 weeks, another one of those things that just depends!

I hope yours gets straightened out soon though and you're able to stop them! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    diagnosed with heterozygous Factor V Leiden 2008; m/c 11/09 @ 5 1/2 wks; m/c 5/10 @ 4 1/2 wks; RLP testing done, diagnosed with antiphospholipid syn. and low progesterone; 7/10 started on Heparin injections & progesterone supps @ 3 dpo, BFP 8/9/10!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • At 10 weeks I went from 200mg of progesterone to 100 mg of it. By 12 weeks I was completely off of it
  • I stopped when my pills ran out (I took prometrium) which was between 12 and 13 weeks. 
    Three losses in 2009, a miracle in 2010! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker The Method to My Madness, a PPD blog
  • My OB had me stop at 13wks. We tried stopping them at 10wks, but prog level wasn't high enough for my OB to feel comfortable doing that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Babywearing, cloth diapering, formula and breastmilk feeding, still can't believe I'm a mom, momma to my little man, two furbabies, and two angel babies.
  • Oh dear, that stinks! I'm so sorry you're going back on the progesterone.  Good luck with it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"