Upstate NY Babies
Options

Please help....need advice! ;o)

Let me first say that I have the BEST MIL ever!!  I really couldn't have asked for a better one.  She's so good with my boys and loves them to death.  She and my FIL (who I also love) sometimes watch the boys when our sitter can't.  I never have to worry about them as I know they will be well taken care of.  And they do so much for us and the boys. There's just ONE thing......................she doesn't know how to put on a diaper properly!!   And I just don't have the heart to tell her. 

The other day they watched the boys.  My dh and I always have dinner with them before we take the boys home.  While we were eating I could tell Dylan was pooping.  I went to change his diaper and HOLY BLOW OUT!!!!!!  It was EVERYWHERE!!!  Up his leg, on his belly, etc.  She was with me when I was changing him.  The diaper (as I've seen it many times after she's changed him) was almost tucked under his butt cheek so he barely covered. I always make sure that it's covering everything.  I was hoping as she was helping me that she'd notice this but she didn't.  Now I know that blow-outs occur even when a diaper is on properly.  It's happened to me but I really believe it was the diaper this time.  And it was SO funny because we went to a wedding with them this past weekend.  My FIL decided to bring the blow-out up in conversation (don't ask me why) and he says to my MIL "are you sure you put the diaper on right?"  Her response "yes!".....lol

So, if it were you would you say something??

(I just want to say that this is so not a big deal to me.  I'm not complaining at all.  I actually think it's pretty funny and will probably never say anything to her about it.)  Just wondered what you guys would do.

Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Please help....need advice! ;o)

• Options

Let your DH say something.  My MIL used to put Ty's diapers on way too tight.  She would pull the tabs off half the time because she pulled them so tight.  Finally DH stood next to her while she was changing the diaper and said something about it in a silly way.

• Options

I would have said something while you guys were changing her diaper together.  Like bust out laughing and say "Oh MIL you didn't cover his butt haha".

My mom used to put dd diaper on super loose.  She is thin too, so the diaper was even looser.  I took the same approach like I said on top.  It wasn't fake, I actually found it hilarious.  We usually need the tabs to at least touch in the middle, and usually overlap completely at the beginning of a new size.  My mom just had the tabs on the sides.  I started laughing and told her it was a good thing dd wears onesies or else she would lose her diaper with how loose she puts them on.

I would not have said anything if it wasn't as I saw it happening.  It doesn't really bother me, just find it funny.  I think if you see her change him again you could say something and you can all get a good laugh out of it.  Otherwise, just laugh to yourself and dh about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"