Baby Names

Middle Name for Rhett?

Our last name starts with a T (10 letters, 4 syllables) ends with Oui (wee).

We like Rhett Alexander but have started to think it would be a mouthful. Any suggestions? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Middle Name for Rhett?

• First off, I have to say I looove the name Rhett...Gone with the Wind is my all-time favorite movie! I think that Rhett Alexander sounds perfect to me!!
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagefeffy11:

i like it Yes I like a longer middle name with a short first name (and I don't think it's a mouthful, because, how often will people use the full name?)

i know you didn't ask for first name suggestions, but how about Brett?

We have a two close friends that are named Brett and don't really want our LO to have the same name. I choose Rhett because of Gone With the Wind, it's one of my favorite books.

• Loading the player...
  • I like Rhett Alexander, however if your last names starts with a T then his initials would be RAT. I'm kind of weird about initials spelling out things so I don't know if that will matter to you or not.
  • imagefeffy11:

imageHappyMrsK:
    I like Rhett Alexander, however if your last names starts with a T then his initials would be RAT. I'm kind of weird about initials spelling out things so I don't know if that will matter to you or not.

good catch, MrsK! Also, OP, I don't know if your last name has an initial "T" sound (it could very well be 'TH' or something), or of it's aspirated or not, but the names might run together if one ends and the other starts with the same sound....

p.s. I saw your Brett comment. Gotchya Wink

OMGosh! I didn't even think about the initals! Thanks for thinking of that, it makes me kinda worried he might get picked on.

Oh and Last name starts with Ta "tah"-sound so no worries there.  

• Second that RAT is a no go, otherwise, Alexander was a good choice. I would suggest Rhett James
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hmmm... not a fan of Rhett... reminds me of "wretch" and then I just think of vomit.  That being said, Rhett Alexander sounds fine, but I like Alexander Rhett more.
  • Rhett:

James, Joseph, Matthew, Michael, Christopher, Jonathan, Samson, Carson, Daniel, Charles, Timothy, William

I tried to throw a couple not as traditional names in there, but I usually am drawn to traditional mn's when the fn is not as common. Hope that helps!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • loooooove rhett.. it was on my short list had li'l i been a boy. i was going to go with rhett joseph.

good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks guys! I like Rhett James, will have to run that by DH when he's home from work :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"