December 2010 Moms
Options

Dr. Oz/Teenage Sex

I turned Dr. Oz on today to see he is talking about sex among teenagers.  As a HS teacher I know this is very common, however, I never thought about having to worry about it till now!  I'm afraid that in 12 years I'm going to have to have this conversation with Rocco!!!!

Re: Dr. Oz/Teenage Sex

• Options
    I have a friend who teaches 5th grade and she said its even a problem for kids that young.....I'm so disturbed by that....
  • Options
    Oh sweet Jesus, I don't wanna think about that...
    imageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This kind of thing scares the crap out of me when it comes to being a mom. I know all the stuff I did and the things my husband did when we were growing up ...and it wasn't even that bad! I was a late bloomer when it came to sex, but I drank and tried smoking weed in highschool. Thankfully I didn't like it and I think I turned out pretty good...but just knowing that kind of stuff really makes me nervous about having kids. I just want my kids to grow up and come out of high school on the other side in one piece!
  • Options
    My boys are in K and 1st grade---when my 7 year old was in Kindergarten last year, I heard ALL KINDS of stories about kids at school and in the neighborhood (we lived on the Air Force base at that time) making out and such---these kids werent any older than 1st/2nd grade. Theyve also both explained to me what "Having love" is on multiple occassions. They learn VERY fast these days. It doesnt matter what you sensor in your house, when they go to school they hear it ALL. It is VERY scary--but definitely be ready for a toned down version  of "the talk" ALOT sooner than 12 years from now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagefmoore723:
    My boys are in K and 1st grade---when my 7 year old was in Kindergarten last year, I heard ALL KINDS of stories about kids at school and in the neighborhood (we lived on the Air Force base at that time) making out and such---these kids werent any older than 1st/2nd grade. Theyve also both explained to me what "Having love" is on multiple occassions. They learn VERY fast these days. It doesnt matter what you sensor in your house, when they go to school they hear it ALL. It is VERY scary--but definitely be ready for a toned down version  of "the talk" ALOT sooner than 12 years from now.

7 y/o?!?! Thanks for freaking me out even more fmoore! lol 

I guess I might as well get the birds and bees talk out of the way while I'm still in the hospital with him this december!! haha

• Options
    imagebubbles231211:

imagefmoore723:

7 y/o?!?! Thanks for freaking me out even more fmoore! lol 

I guess I might as well get the birds and bees talk out of the way while I'm still in the hospital with him this december!! haha

Probably not too bad of an idea...

But really, this is much more innocent than some of the stories that DS told me---Last year I got a note from his Kindergarten teacher. I must applaud her for the tactful way that she wrote the note. It actually made me giggle a little. It read: "With the upcoming flu season fast approaching us, I find it necessary to inform you that Devin has become fond of 'kissing the girls'. Not only is this a possible way to spread cold/flu, but it is not acceptable behavior at the school"....or something to that effect. That evening, DH and I sat down with Devin and asked him about the situation. Apparently, he had kissed a girl on the cheek. We are an affectionate family---Give kisses before leaving eachother, going to bed, etc. Never thought to explain to our little boy that it wasnt OK to kiss girls at school. He was actually very hurt and ashamed that he didnt know this, and I could tell by his body language. But it never happened again....then after this...came the crazy stories about school/neighborhood...

• Options
    My son was married before he turned 5... I think the ceremony involved a very fast peck kiss. *sigh* I KNOW I'm going to have issues with this boy, but for now he's my happily married preschooler.
  • Options

imageChatterboxBride09:
    I have a friend who teaches 5th grade and she said its even a problem for kids that young.....I'm so disturbed by that....

5th grade??? I still hated boys in the 5th grade!

• Options

imageGavsMomAlready+Newbie:
    My son was married before he turned 5... I think the ceremony involved a very fast peck kiss. *sigh* I KNOW I'm going to have issues with this boy, but for now he's my happily married preschooler.

This made me smile, Smile I was a happily married kindergartener back in the day!

imagebubbles231211:

This sounds like a good plan to me...

imageimageimage

• Options
    imageGermangirl86:

imageChatterboxBride09:

5th grade??? I still hated boys in the 5th grade!

Judging from the number of pregnant sixth graders my husband has taught: yup, 5th grade.

Indifferent

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"