Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Milk intolerance ?

It could just be a coincidence, but ever since we have switched to milk only DD has had a terrible green runny nose and very phlem-y coughing. Anyone know if this could be a milk thing? I have been researching but not finding much. She has been like this for a month, no fever, but no better and no worse.

Re: Milk intolerance ?

• I am not sure about that, I would ask your pedi.

We always suspected DD had a lactose intolerance and made the switch to soy formula after many issues with regular and sensitive formula.  When it came time for whole cow's milk, we tried it for 2-3 weeks to see if DD had outgrown her intolerance as she takes yogurt and cheese fine.  DD's reaction was severe diarrhea, upset tummy, and 24/7 fussiness.  The day we went to soy milk, she was perfectly back to normal.

• My DD has a dairy allergy, but part of her symptoms were a runny nose, cough, constantly rubbing her eyes. Yours may or may not be a coincidence, but a call to the pedi wouldn't hurt.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • sounds like it could be symptoms of a mild allergy...if it were lactose problems then she would have tummy troubles...a protein allergy sounds more likely. My J goes straight to hives when he is given dairy, but it is the highest number of his all his known food allergies.

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"