Upstate NY Babies

photographers in Buffalo area

Does anyone have suggestions for a great natural light photographer?  I am looking to get family photos done in the next few months.  Ideally I am looking for someone who is very cutting edge (i.e. not looking to be in a studio petting a fake horse or awkwardly posed on a couch).  I would much prefer casual photos taken in our home or on location somewhere.  

Re: photographers in Buffalo area

• We wanted the same kind of photos. The girls on this board recommended Michele Wade (she's on facebook or I could pass on her email address). She was awesome & really affordable. Our pics are on her facebook under "Cousins".
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Michele is one of my best friends and also T's Godmother so I 2nd the recommendation. She recently started her own photography business this year and has done portraits of the LO's of a few of the ladies on this board. She lives in Albany but is back and forth between Albany and Buffalo(where she's originally from and still has family here) so as far as I know she'll take client anywhere in between those two cities. She'll come to your house or a park or wherever you want the photos taken and she usually spends an hour or so....takes around 300 images. She gives you a CD with all the high res files and edits she's done. Price very reasonable. Her website's not up and running yet but she has a business page on FB (Michele Wade Photography) and lots of examples of her work on there also. Her email is MicheleWadePhoto at gmail dot com.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Michele was at our house last week taking pictures of Carter- I'm so excited to see them!  
  • We used Wendy Mitchell for ours...and we liked her a lot (she took our wedding photos)...but she is $$$$. I've looked at Michele Wade b/c of the girls on this board (and because Evan was in such a bad mood and totally uninterested in having his photo taken that we considered our first shoot such a waste of money...so cost will def be a factor the next time) and she does a lot of photoshop affects that are nms at all. So if I were to hire her, personally I'd supply some examples of photos I like (just stolen shots from the internet) for her to use for inspiration. I'd do that for any photographer.

Wendy is amazing, though (go to unstructured portraits)

Here's Wendy's site: https://www.wendymitchellphotography.com/

• we used michelle wade also and plan on using her for newborn photos and possibly christmas/family photos
  • I highly recommend SH Portraits.

The owner/photographer is one of my closest friends. Her name is Samara.

Feel free to check out her website.

shportraits.com

She can also be reached at 504-7635.

she is fantastic.

She also runs perodic mini session too.

Her photos are great.

Good Luck

• imagesigmabelle:

I highly recommend SH Portraits.

I am really impressed with her photos!!! But she has totally priced herself out the regular market, IMO. There aren't a lot of people who can afford that in Buffalo, it's too bad. $700 for the digital files - yikes!

BUT, I'm still going to bookmark her site in case I win the lottery : )

• I have looked into S&H before, but I remember her being really pricey.  She does amazing work, but I probably won't spend that kind of money especially since I do most of my own photography for the boys.  Instead of paying for the first year of photos for Pierce I bought a dSLR camera and a 50mm 1.4 lens.  It is amazing...but I still want to have family photos done and I can't take those myself!
  • imageBethPSU:
    I have looked into S&H before, but I remember her being really pricey.  She does amazing work, but I probably won't spend that kind of money especially since I do most of my own photography for the boys.  Instead of paying for the first year of photos for Pierce I bought a dSLR camera and a 50mm 1.4 lens.  It is amazing...but I still want to have family photos done and I can't take those myself!

I bought a nice camera for that same reason too - I can take a zillion shots and not have to pay an hourly fee :) But I have like 3 photos of me with the kids...so we have to pay someone now and then. I think I bought all the digital files from Wendy Mitchell (with all rights to reproduce them) for less than half that.

Not sure where you get your photos developed - but Nova photo on Hertel is awesome. You can just upload to his site and have the photos delivered. The quality is great and I like that I'm supporting a local business. GL! and let me know if you find someone great! :)

• I have a friend in Buffalo who is a wonderful photographer and is very reasonably priced.  She did my maternity shots, and Liam's newborn and 1 year shots.  Here's her website and blog.

https://www.kristendavide.com 

https://kristendavide.blogspot.com/ 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"