Trying to Get Pregnant

I am an idiot...

I have been trying to temp around 7, because that's when my husband gets up for work. I bought a thermometer that is supposed to save your temp, so the last few days I've bee turning it on, sticking it in my mouth, taking it out and going back to sleep. 

I was pleasantly surprised that my last two temps have been 98.6, right after the day FF friends said I was most likely to O. I was waiting for one more high temp to get my CHs today... until I realized my thermometer saves the temp and flashes it for like 2 seconds when you turn it back on before going back to it's base setting of 98.6! Can you say IDIOT!

So, I missed the last two days of temps and today's temp was low. I have not tested + for O in two days, and now I don't even know if I O'd. I am frustrated with myself and this ridiculously long cycle I've been on (currently at 38 days with no definite O)!  

Just needed to vent! 

Re: I am an idiot...

• Oh no! I have the Target one and mine does that - I'm always afraid I'll miss my temp when I turn it back on. I stare at it so hard and write it down right away! Hoping your long cycle straightens itself out soon!
    "For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." ~storypeople.com   

My Blog - Taking You Home

• At least you know how to use your thermometer. Mine beeps while it's working and then there is a longer beep when it's done. I kept taking it out during the "working" beeps and getting temps like 93 degrees. It took me a couple days to figure out. You're not an idiot at all!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMillerTime13:
    Oh no! I have the Target one and mine does that - I'm always afraid I'll miss my temp when I turn it back on. I stare at it so hard and write it down right away! Hoping your long cycle straightens itself out soon!

I have the Target one too! I'm thinking of looking for a different one. I also hate that it beeps until you turn it off.  I get anxiety about temping every night before I go to bed.. hahaha... I worry about waking up too early and missing my FF time frame or outside factors affecting my temp, and then I go and miss two of my most important temps because of my thermometer! Oh, the joys of TTC! 

• imagesapphire1983:
    At least you know how to use your thermometer. Mine beeps while it's working and then there is a longer beep when it's done. I kept taking it out during the "working" beeps and getting temps like 93 degrees. It took me a couple days to figure out. You're not an idiot at all!

Haha... sometimes it feels like it! It's hard to figure it all out in the beginning of charting. Eventually, we will all find our groove, I suppose! 

• imageUnnie&Chico:

imageMillerTime13:
    Oh no! I have the Target one and mine does that - I'm always afraid I'll miss my temp when I turn it back on. I stare at it so hard and write it down right away! Hoping your long cycle straightens itself out soon!

I have the Target one too! I'm thinking of looking for a different one. I also hate that it beeps until you turn it off.  I get anxiety about temping every night before I go to bed.. hahaha... I worry about waking up too early and missing my FF time frame or outside factors affecting my temp, and then I go and miss two of my most important temps because of my thermometer! Oh, the joys of TTC! 

It will actually stop beeping eventually - I think it beeps like ten times. I always shove it under my pillow so I can't hear it and then move it to the nightstand so I don't crush it since I always hit my snooze. Last month was my first cycle temping, and I have to admit that around when I thought I was Oing and then there at the end I was a little obsessed. I went to bed every night thinking about how I hoped my temps would stay up! I'm hoping I got that out of my system... but probably not.

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." ~storypeople.com   

My Blog - Taking You Home

• I have the Purple BD BBT and Love it. It saves the temp. until you turn it on again and then it goes back after that. It beeps constant short beeps until the long final beep to let you know it is done which I like b/c I lay back and close my eyes. I do wish it was back lit though. I ordered it cheap off of amazon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did the same exact thing with mine! My base temp is 97.7 and for my first chart that is what I put down one day, then the next day I had a new temp and then went back to 97.7, but then the third day I noticed it only had my new temp and 97.7 instead of the day before...that's when I realized it only saves my temps for one day lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Ethan Christopher 7/7/11 www.noreenturner.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"