North Dakota Babies

Speaking of 2U1, let's talk PP birth control: Clicky Poll

I had my 6 week check up yesterday, & am leaning toward having an IUD  (ParaGuard) placed.  I'm curious about what everyone else has chosen to do. [Poll]

Re: Speaking of 2U1, let's talk PP birth control: Clicky Poll

• I was going to do an IUD until I realized how much it would cost with my crappy insurance.  I would have to pay for it, pay for the insertion, and then pay again to get it removed in a couple of years if we decide to have another.  I decided to just go on the mini pill for now and after the next kid, or if we decide we're done, I'll get the IUD.  It just wasn't worth the cost (about $600 out of pocket total for me) for something that I may only use for a year or two.
  • I just picked up my rx for the mini pill. I was on it a few years ago due to other issues, and know how you have to be a perfect pill taker for it to truly be effective (if you miss a pill by even 3 hours you need to use backup for a week!), but I dont want something as permanent as the IUD. i charted before getting pregnant and might consider that again, but since my Dr. wrote me the rx, I figured might as well fill it while I decide. DH doesn't think I should use anything!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the mirena. With my insurance it was only $150, which equals 10 months of the pill if I use a generic, but I don't have to worry about it. I will probably have it pulled early next year if DH agrees. Jennifer - is your DH ready for another? Is he crazy? LOL
  • I'm back on Depo Provera. I was on it before we got pregnant as well. I love it. 1 shot every 3 months and no periods!
    Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • imageJennifer43:
    I just picked up my rx for the mini pill. I was on it a few years ago due to other issues, and know how you have to be a perfect pill taker for it to truly be effective (if you miss a pill by even 3 hours you need to use backup for a week!), but I dont want something as permanent as the IUD. i charted before getting pregnant and might consider that again, but since my Dr. wrote me the rx, I figured might as well fill it while I decide. DH doesn't think I should use anything!

Does he know what this means?!  Haha!

• Maybe TMI but does the "pull out" method count lol!! DH and I talked about it and although we do not want another one right now, I really do not want to go on BC until after I am done having kids (I have never been on it before), so that is the method we are going with for now....Hopefully it will work for awhile lol!!!Angel
  • We're thinking of using charting/barrier method combo because I'm not convinced that I'm a good candidate for the pill while breast feeding because I had varicose veins before getting pregnant.  (In general progesterone only pills aren't good for people that may already be at a higher risk for deep vein thrombosis.)  Obviously its something I'm going to discuss with my doctor and go from there.  I never really had a problem with the pill, except for one mini-pill I was put on that had anxiety as a common side effect.  So we'll see what actually happens.
  • imageMelVic:
    Maybe TMI but does the "pull out" method count lol!! DH and I talked about it and although we do not want another one right now, I really do not want to go on BC until after I am done having kids (I have never been on it before), so that is the method we are going with for now....Hopefully it will work for awhile lol!!!Angel

HA Mel!  Pull and Pray is def. a method.  DH and I use that along with the pill.  We REALLY don't want another yet!

• I used the mini pill for a month.  After that, ummm, nothing - obvoiusly! Embarrassed
  • imageMelVic:
    Maybe TMI but does the "pull out" method count lol!! DH and I talked about it and although we do not want another one right now, I really do not want to go on BC until after I am done having kids (I have never been on it before), so that is the method we are going with for now....Hopefully it will work for awhile lol!!!Angel
    Omg... This is us too... Mel, I smell pickles and choc milk in our very near future... But, hey, I figure it worked all this time... Ok, lemme jut shut up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"