February 2011 Moms

NBR poll for fun...

I need some happy therapy because my inlaws once again proved why they suck monkey balls. But instead of a vent, I need some serious happy. So, I pose the question...what makes you happy? (in real life, or theoretical dream lands!)

I'll start...

a fresh coat of soft snow... golden retriever puppies... palm trees... the moment the last out is made in the World Series and the celebration commences... sand between my toes... waking up to a good thunderstorm

Theoretically? My own personal secluded island, spent relaxing on the beach curled up next to my hubby.

STM due Feb. 2017!

Re: NBR poll for fun...

• Remembering that Fall is just around the corner!  Oh, and that time leading up to a good vacation...though I haven't felt that in 4 years! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • right now weekends are what makes me happy because work sucks!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Fall weather, a natural fire, curled up on my couch with hubby watching a movie and the house is SPOTLESS and the laundry is done and a delicious roast is cooking in the oven. That would make me most happy right now!

Oh, and not having to work! That would be so awesome!!!!

• The kind of weather where you can open up all the windows in the house, a girls' weekend with my college roomies, a really good football game, a date night with DH, a clean house, baking, a house full of people, a lazy Saturday/Sunday afternoon
  • a good snow fall, palying with my dogs, going to Kimballs for ice cream.

in my dreams my sister in law has moved far away and never visits.

• the smell of laundry just out of the drier. fresh cut grass. watching my floers grow knowing that I planted them and came back the next year. having someone congratulate me on how my house looks. My cat curling up with me to take a nap. Sitting on the couch with DS leaning on me reading abook or watching the Wiggles. DS running up to me just to say "hi".

theoretical- having my family all living within a 2 hr drive of each other. having a caring mother that I hear so many of you ladies say your mothers are.

• Happiness is a beautiful spring day spent outside, riding bikes with my husband, the wind is blowing and you can smell the fresh-cut grass, having a cookout with friends playing cornhole, mixing margaritas. baking cookies with my niece, taking a relaxing bubble bath with a good book, cuddling with my husband on the couch just watching a movie or TV while he gives me a footrub! Theoretical happiness: a private plane to take me and my husband on exciting or relaxing vacations and not having to worry about any money issues or family illnesses.

Thanks for the post, I'm at work now and I feel much more relaxed!

Best of luck! Veronica :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"